IPTV in New Zealand (1 Viewer)

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I would love to get IPTV working on my Mediaportal. I have the TV server and three clients working great, but a recent power supply issue has buggered all but one TV card. Rather than buy more cards which are expensive I would like to get IPTV going.

Any Kiwi got IPTV going on MediaPortal and can help?

nicolas_sarkozy

March 7, 2024
Home Country
Canada Canada
Sorry I am a strawberry, but I am looking for the exact same thing as well I managed to get the channels detected by placing them in this folder

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\TuningParameters\dvbip\

and scanning them with the tv tool but they all return no signal even though they work in other tools.

windykiwis

Portal Member
February 18, 2008
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yes Nicolas I have had the same issue. The NZ channels and other tools (even VLC) appear to run OK on a m3u8 files, but I think MP uses m3u. I have tried converting, just about everything. I realy dont understand any of it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried that also some time ago. MP can not handle m3u8 files, so I’m also unable to use TV with TVE. Unfortunately we do not have a TV expert anymore. Maybe @Pablik can tell more, e.g. if MP could be made compatible with the m3u8 format.

Alternatively MP2 with TVMosaic can be used, the only option that works for me.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    HLS is supported by MediaPortal Url Source Splitter plugin. Although, the plugin is not able to handle HLS Master list. In such a case you have to download the list by yourself and pick the best url link(base on bandwith or resolution).

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. I have no idea what I am realy talking about, but one of the issues may also be that the various providers in NZ require that you have a login in order to view the live stream. So if I login to their site and go to live TV I end up at "https://www.tvnz.co.nz/livetv/tvnz-1" however if I go to that URL in an in incognito tab I get a "Login" request.

Pablik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 19, 2010
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Thanks. I have no idea what I am realy talking about, but one of the issues may also be that the various providers in NZ require that you have a login in order to view the live stream. So if I login to their site and go to live TV I end up at "https://www.tvnz.co.nz/livetv/tvnz-1" however if I go to that URL in an in incognito tab I get a "Login" request.
    In that case, the active script is required to obtain final video url. You need someone who is skilled in programming and has an experience with IPTV plugins.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Have you looked into Onlinevideos, there is a IPTV section in there (I don't use it myself I don't have IPTV) there may be a way to login with that.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that will only work if the username+password is in the m3u8 url.

I have one like that and it works pretty ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom