[no Bug] IPTV Not working (1 Viewer)

matejdro

Portal Pro
May 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
IPTV does not appear to work after upgrading to 1.5. When starting TV, it says "Unknown error occured" and nothing else happens.

It was working great in 1.4, I just upgraded without changing anything.

Logs included.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    IPTV does not appear to work after upgrading to 1.5. When starting TV, it says "Unknown error occured" and nothing else happens.

It was working great in 1.4, I just upgraded without changing anything.

Logs included.
    I hope that you have VLC on same computer. Can you watch channel in VLC with URL udp://10.39.160.170@232.2.1.53:5002?

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Thanks for reminding me about VLC.

With VLC, I have to enter URL without IPTV network card IP (just udp://@232.2.1.53:5002). However with mediaportal, I had to add that (I have two network cards, one for internet, another for IPTV traffic) or else it would not work. With 1.5 it seems it switched to "VLC way", so I cut all card IPs and it appears to work.

Case closed, thanks again.

Last edited:

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    I think that more users can have similar problem. I made fast look on IPTV tuning m3u files and lots of them have similar urls. The problem is that by specification first url isn't interface IP address, but it's source IP address. If you want to specify which network interface have to be used, you need to format urls as specified in first post of https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?posts/747291.

matejdro

Portal Pro
    May 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Interesting, thanks for information. I do not remember exactly where I learned about my previous way, but point is that it was required to make IPTV from another card work in MP 1.4 and lower.

GasperG

Portal Member
    September 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I have a similar problem, but haven't figure out how to specify different network card (two network cards in PC). In old version (1.2.2) I had following lines in playlist:
    udp://169.254.16.169@232.4.1.2:5002
    but in new version it doesn't work, this line doesn't work in VLC either.

If I disconnect my main network card the following line does work in both MP and VLC:
    udp://@232.4.1.2:5002

I tried specifying a network card in m3u list in several different ways but it doesn't work:
    C:|interface=Local Area Connection|url=udp://@233.60.10.5:1234
    udp://232.4.1.2:5002@169.254.16.169
    udp://232.4.1.2:5002@169.254.16.169:5002

Any suggestions?

GasperG

Portal Member
    September 26, 2011
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I have found a way out with route command:
    route -p add 232.4.0.0 MASK 255.255.0.0 169.254.16.169 IF 12

All the channels start with 232.4.x.x so all the traffic to this range of IPs is routed to interface (IF) 12 (second IPTV network card)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    It seems that url when you receive data is udp://@232.4.1.2:5002. If you're using MP 1.5, than correct m3u line with specified network interface should be C:|interface=XXX|url=udp://@232.4.1.2:5002, where XXX is name of your IPTV network card. Maybe you only make mistake in network card name.

Users who are viewing this thread