IPTV patch for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (1 Viewer)

Xorphix

Portal Member
August 24, 2007
First of all, thank you thank you thank you for providing this, I have tried myself to add it, but got nowhere near as close as you.

I got it up and running with my UDP streams also, and its (almost) perfect!! one problem I have is when I change channels when in fullscreen, it jumps back out to My TV and I can't enable TV anymore. If I restart it works fine, its a problem I have seen before and sometimes its caused for the stream to be setup (which can be delayed up to a few seconds).

Is there any way to increase the delay time in ur code? or make it configureable etc?
Sidenote: It works when i click forth/back in the configuration tool, it changes channels easily, but not in my tv..

Another question raised, when using the NAME field in autotune for urls also, is there a way not to confuse XML tv with this?
Either editing the xml files to match this or is there a trick or idea? :)

jfma

Portal Member
December 30, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
First of all, A BIG THANKS :D :D :D

Now, I have tried your solution, but couldn't make it work. In Spain, IPTV is MPEG4. With the proper filters installed, I can watch TV in Media Player and GraphEdit. I have attached what I get in GraphEdit.

But, when I open Mediaportal configuration, it doesn't find any TV cards. I even moved the card definition to the top of CaptureCardDefinitions.xml, with no results. :(

Can anybody help, please?

Attachments

• IPTVSpainGraphEdit.jpg
    IPTVSpainGraphEdit.jpg
    153.6 KB

Xorphix

Portal Member
August 24, 2007
jfma: I have to ask if u tried following the steps precise? It seems like u have installed the correct codecs, etc since u can see it in mediaplayer, but your problem is having the card found in the configuration.

Have you tried with a fresh 2.3.0 installation?
Did you extract the files from the enclosed zip file into the right directory, overwriting the correct files?

The card should show up in configuration -> Capture Cards -> Add - no matter what, but it might not work.

In case you wanna try it out, I have my CaptureCardDefinitions.xml posted here (rightclick - save as)

Hope you have luck with it n merry xmas!

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
one problem I have is when I change channels when in fullscreen, it jumps back out to My TV and I can't enable TV anymore. If I restart it works fine, its a problem I have seen before and sometimes its caused for the stream to be setup (which can be delayed up to a few seconds).

Is there any way to increase the delay time in ur code? or make it configureable etc?
Sidenote: It works when i click forth/back in the configuration tool, it changes channels easily, but not in my tv..
What's in log?
Does it take long time when you change the channels in the configuration tool? How many seconds?
If it take more than 4 seconds, try to increate "40" constant in SinkGraph.cs (for (int i = 0; i < 40; i++)) and rebuild MP.

Another question raised, when using the NAME field in autotune for urls also, is there a way not to confuse XML tv with this?
Either editing the xml files to match this or is there a trick or idea? :)
I use an XMLTV (Tvxb) with
NAME=BBC World elecard://225.1.1.1:1234/udp
in tvxb.ini. Programme name appears in MP OSD over this channel, as expected.
Or I've misunderstood you?

In Spain, IPTV is MPEG4. With the proper filters installed, I can watch TV in Media Player and GraphEdit. I have attached what I get in GraphEdit.
I never tried this patch with MPEG4 IPTV. Can anybody point me out a tv capture card which does hw MPEG4 encoding? I would see its graph in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml and try to create a graph wich would be compatible with MPEG4 IPTV.

But, when I open Mediaportal configuration, it doesn't find any TV cards. I even moved the card definition to the top of CaptureCardDefinitions.xml, with no results. :(
If you have replaced configuration.exe with one from the archive (in the first post), "IPTV Builtin" card will be found in spite of all.

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
I just entered the ip if the IPTV channel into GraphEdit, find below what I have now.
Could you help?
Did you use "Render URL" function of GraphEdit?
Does your IPTV channel show up if you click "Play" in GraphEdit?
Could you (just to check) insert a multiplexer filer (e.g. "CyberLink MPEG Muxer") after the splitter (like it's done in my sample graphs)?

Xorphix

Portal Member
August 24, 2007
Channels cannot change in Mediaportal

I tried clearing logs, starting media portal and open mytv, it auto opens on discovery which works fine, then i went to CHANNELS -> changed to another channel and it shows empty tv.

The attached logs are from mediaportal on this.

I tried changing back and forth in configuration tool and it takes max 2 seconds for it to change.
Its like mediaportal tries to play from the stream before its buffered or something..

Hope this can give you a clue :D

PAV

Portal Member
October 30, 2007
Home Country
Yes I just entered an address into URL in Graphedit and get picture listed in previous message.
I could see picture.

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Yes I just entered an address into URL in Graphedit and get picture listed in previous message.
I could see picture.

What are the name, guid and the filename of the upper-left filter at your graph?

I tried clearing logs, starting media portal and open mytv, it auto opens on discovery which works fine, then i went to CHANNELS -> changed to another channel and it shows empty tv.

The attached logs are from mediaportal on this.

Hope this can give you a clue :D

There are slight problems in your log. Starting the graph after channel switching takes too long because of:
1. mpeg2 : StartTimeshifting
2. ----------------TryConnect-------------
3. Dead end.

To avoid this try the following (in turn):

1. Uncheck "turn on timeshifting when entering tv" in the configuration tool ("tv" page).
2. Change "audio rendering device" (same configuration page).
3. Try different audio decoder filters (same page).
4. Try different video decoder filters (same page).
5. Uncheck "use vmr9" ("general" configuration page).
6. Uncheck "turn on tv when entering tv" in the configuration tool ("tv" page).

Restart MP and see the log each time you change the configuration.

I had a problems like this some time before. After I had installed (from scratch) fresh XP MCE + roolup2 + MP.0.2.3 + this patch + Elecard Plugin, all these problems have gone.

Xorphix

Portal Member
August 24, 2007
Timeshifting caused the problem. When i set it to auto on when entering MyTV i cant change channels.
As long as I have timeshifting off, it works fine... however, i'm a heavy user of timeshifting as its gods true gift to man :)

.. so I kinda need to figure out a way to workaround the timeshift either starting AFTER playback or delay it somehow. And still be a girlfriendfriendly solution .. sigh

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Timeshifting caused the problem. When i set it to auto on when entering MyTV i cant change channels.
As long as I have timeshifting off, it works fine... however, i'm a heavy user of timeshifting as its gods true gift to man :)

.. so I kinda need to figure out a way to workaround the timeshift either starting AFTER playback or delay it somehow. And still be a girlfriendfriendly solution .. sigh

Even with "turn timeshift on when entering tv" unchecked you are able to use the timeshifting - it's turned on whenever you press "pause" button on your remote control while watching tv. It is exactly the delay you are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom