IPTV patch for MediaPortal 0.2.3.0 (3 Viewers)

7wondersx

Portal Member
March 12, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Funny thing is, I have an STB for the IPTV service and that is receiving the channels in question without problems. I fear that it is the NWSource-Plus or something to do with my network card that is dropping packets as I seem to be getting malformed packet errors on the udp stream when connecting to those channels. Know anything about tweaking network cards? :D

Anyways, now Im gonna have a shot at compiling my own mediaportal with the extra stuff you have added. Is this right, just in case Im going about this the wrong way?

1. Download 0.2.3.0 stable source
2. Add in the diff that you posted on page 1 but change the sinkgraph to include/replace with the code above
3. Compile
4. Repeat steps on first post

Yes/No or well off!!?

;)

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Know anything about tweaking network cards? :D
Yes. Once I have thrown to windows buggy USB external ethernet adapter and bought another one. To be sure in blaming this device just before I had tried usual $3 PCI Ethernet card. :D
Anyways, now Im gonna have a shot at compiling my own mediaportal with the extra stuff you have added. Is this right, just in case Im going about this the wrong way?
1. Download 0.2.3.0 stable source
2. Add in the diff that you posted on page 1 but change the sinkgraph to include/replace with the code above
3. Compile
4. Repeat steps on first post
Yes/No or well off!!?
Yes, but if you already have installed and configured Mediaportal the way first post suggests, there is no need to repeat all those steps again.
3. Compile (build) Mediaportal in a different directory (e.g. C:\MP).
4. Copy set of .exe and .dll files listed in the patch archive (attached to the first post) from your new build (C:\MP) to your installed location (e.g. C:\Program Files\Mediaportal). No extra files will be affected by changing SinckGraphEx class.

7wondersx

Portal Member
March 12, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
OK, I have now done my very first bit of compiling ever and what fun it was :)

It was all looking really good as well when I turned on MP and a channel with AC3 started playing and I could hear it!

Then I changed channels which is when it all started going a bit ugly :( It seems that now MP is not a happy chappy after telling him to do stuff that he doesnt want to. So it starts well but as soon as I switch channels it does lots of perculiar things such as going very jumpy with video and sound or showing nothing at all. I even started getting the message below which is no signal found in full screen for a lot on channels that would normally work.

Ive attached my MP logs below if you havent had enough of me annoying you yet :sorry:

Thanks again for the help, Im determined to crack this problem!

Attachments

• channelchange.jpg
    channelchange.jpg
    48.6 KB

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
It was all looking really good as well when I turned on MP and a channel with AC3 started playing and I could hear it!
There is no successful tuning to an IPTV channel in your logs. Did you reallly hear a sound after entering the TV section? How long? Can you explain the erroneous situation in more detail?

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
1. Download and install CyberLink PowerDVD (for “CyberLink MPEG Muxer” direct show filter)
2. Download and install http://www.elecard.com/products/prod...ecoder-plugin/.
3. Check if Windows Media Player can play any of you IPTV channel (menu File – Open URL - elecard://225.1.1.1:1234/udp). Replace 225.1.1.1:1234 with IPORT of your IPTV channel.
4. Install MediaPortal 0.2.3.0. Overwrite files in MediaPortal installation folder with the files from the supplied archive MP-0.2.3.0-iptv.zip (mind the directories in the archive).
5. Insert the fragment:... to the file CaptureCardDefinitions.xml before </capturecards> at the very end.
6. Run MediaPortal Configuration, go to Television – Capture Cards – Add – (it should find IPTV Builtin Card) – Autotune – Add. Enter the channel name into the first edit box. The channel name must consist of channel description followed by space and the URL. For example: BBC World elecard://225.1.1.1:1234/udp
7. Disable a firewall.
8. Run MediaPortal.

I'm confused. Are the following streams considered IPTV:
NASA TV - NASA site
http://www.nasa.gov/145590main_Digital_Media.asx
http://www.nasa.gov/145588main_Digital_Edu.asx
Can they be played with this plugin? Could somebody with this plugin try them? Or does anyone know how to play internet videostreams in MP?

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
Conformably to the subject discussed in this thread, no. It's an internet-TV.

Can they be played with this plugin? Could somebody with this plugin try them? Or does anyone know how to play internet videostreams in MP?
I experimented with this but no luck. Only external Mediaportal plugins like VLC-plugin or MPlayer-plugin will do.

Can it also be used for Nasa TV:
NASA TV - NASA site
This channel uses WMV3 encoding. I'm not sure if MediaPortal can handle this encoding from a tv capture card.
Even if you will be able to recieve unicast tcp wmv3 data with NW-Source plus or something like this, Mediaportal won't handle it, cause it expects MPEG-2 data from capture card, so it uses MPEG-2 splitters/decoders/etc.

spacecase

April 12, 2008
I am having problems similar to 7wondersx.
7wondersx, have u found out more, and did you find a cause to the problems and sollution?

Some channels play fine consistently. Other channels are problematic consistently.
Problem with the "troubled" channels is delay before sound comes. Sometimes sound doesnt come at all, and sometimes sound is choppy. These channels may also freeze, and stream is aborted. Often problems with troubled channels starts when switching between channels.

All channels work fine in VLC, and graphedit (without muxer and demultiplexer. And with muxer and cyberlink scrambler demultiplexer)

I have tried with different muxers - cyberlink and PDR mpeg muxer. Both work, but same problems. Have tried maany video and audio decoder codecs and different combinations and settings. Maybe some trouble with MPEG-2 demultiplexer? Is it possible to adjust settings or debug MPEG-2 demultiplexer? When i insert MPEG-2 demultplexer in graphedit, i only get input, no output pins... Maybe something im doing wrong. Haven't used graphedit much before. Works with muxer and Cyberlink scrambler.

I noticed when i use ffdshow audio decoder, it doesnt start/activate in systray before sound or choppy sound comes on troubled channel.

What can be the problem and sollution?

24RUS

Portal Member
April 9, 2007
Moscow
Home Country
I have tried with different muxers - cyberlink and PDR mpeg muxer. Both work, but same problems. Have tried maany video and audio decoder codecs and different combinations and settings. Maybe some trouble with MPEG-2 demultiplexer? Is it possible to adjust settings or debug MPEG-2 demultiplexer? When i insert MPEG-2 demultplexer in graphedit, i only get input, no output pins... Maybe something im doing wrong. Haven't used graphedit much before. Works with muxer and Cyberlink scrambler.
Right click on a filter in the graphedit and select Properties. Some filters create their output pins dynamically after appropriate input is fed to them. Try to post graphedit screenshots here.

I noticed when i use ffdshow audio decoder, it doesnt start/activate in systray before sound or choppy sound comes on troubled channel.
Do you mean using the ffdshow in the MediaPortal? Try to "connect to remote graph" in the graphedit while the mediaportal is showing a channel and you will see if MP actually uses a ffdshow.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I experimented with this but no luck. Only external Mediaportal plugins like VLC-plugin or MPlayer-plugin will do.

And do you know what I have to do to watch NASA TV with the VLC plugin? Where do I have to enter the streamadress etc?
I've been trying to do this for ages, but I've never succeeded in getting NASA TV in MP... And up to now, nobody is able(or willing) to provide me with a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom