IPTV question (1 Viewer)

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Guys

I've just got myself a triax tss-400 quad iptv tuner and i'm wondering if anyone knows how to use mediaportal to scan channels and playback ? I think i am mainly stuck at the m3u file section as when i try to scan the m3u it finds nothing, no matter what i put in that m3u its a no go. This is for uk sat tv.

Help please.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TVE 3.5 supports SAT>IP directly. That means no need for IPTV configuration. The tuners should appear just like normal satellite tuners.

If you insist on TVE 3 then you'll need to know about SAT>IP URL formats so that you can create a compatible m3u. URLs should be RTSP...

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks do you have any info on tve 3 side ? i already have it installed and wanted to test before knowing whether to move over to the sat ip box or not.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    do you have any info on tve 3 side ?
    Like I said, you'll have to create an m3u full of SAT>IP/RTSP URLs to scan. Probably one per transponder would be okay, as long as you specify "pids=all"... but this will use a lot of network bandwidth. Probably too much bandwidth for wireless or 100 Mb/s networking. The alternative would be one per channel, which would be really painful and brittle. Any change in PIDs would require URL updates. The URLs will depend on what satellite(s) you have access to. I suppose I could give an example if you can tell me which satellite and channel you want to test.

P.S. If you're thinking it isn't very easy with TVE 3... you're absolutely right. I wouldn't recommend TVE 3 + SAT>IP to anybody. It's a hack.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    how far on is tve3.5 can i use it with normal mp client end ?
    If by "normal" you mean MP1 then no. MP2 + Native TV 3.5, sure.

this is what i was trying to test
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:-1,BBC two
    http://192.168.1.118/?src=1&freq=10773&sr=22000&pol=h&msys=dvbs&mtype=Qpsk&fec=56&ro=notset&pids=all

Gets nothing though i'm on astra 28.2
    That's an invalid URL for a DVB-S transponder.
    Drop the mtype and ro parameters. They're DVB-S2 only. Even if it was a DVB-S2 transponder, you can't use value "Qpsk" (should be "qpsk") or "notset" (totally invalid).
    After that I think it should work, as long as:
    1. You have configured the LNB settings correctly in the tuner's configuration web page.
    2. You have a dish with only one LNB, or DiSEqC port A/1 selects 28.2E. In other words, make sure the src parameter is correct for your setup.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks did everything you said but still no go, i can see it connects to the sat ip server as a client and tuner says locked but finds nothing and drops back off

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can only speculate that:
    1. Security software (firewall, other network security) is blocking TV Server from receiving the data stream from the tuner, OR...
    2. The tuner is not delivering any data, OR...
    3. The data is getting dropped somewhere, OR...
    4. The tuner doesn't like something about the URL.
    All of these things can be checked with Wireshark, logs etc.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Strange i can view all channels using dvb viewer lite but that gives no info on how it's connected.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    DVBViewer supports SAT>IP these days, so that doesn't surprise me. You could use Wireshark to snoop on the communication between DVBViewer and the tuner.

...but the fact that DVBViewer works doesn't rule out any of the 4 options that I listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom