rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Country flag
    @Stéphane Lenclud
    Since I didn't find any suitable external HW available in Switzerland to replace the non-working internal IR interfaces in my HTPC, I am once again trying to troubleshoot the built-in interfaces, and to this end tried out your HID Demo v1.4.6. Not only does it not see any events from my remote, it doesn't appear to even see the devices which should be receiving them. The onboard CIR I/F on my Intel DH67GD appears to be a Nuvoton SIO chip, VID NTN, PID 0530; the USB IR I/F from the original FSC ScaleoE appears to be VID_05AF, PID_0319. but neither of these appear under Devices in HID Demo. This makes me suspect a driver problem, even though Device Manger shows all devices covered and msinfo32 doesn't show nay problems. I have attached an extract from msinfo32 and a screenshot of the devices tab of HID Demo Do you have any suggestions how I might diagnose the problem?

Attachments

• HIDdemo.png
      HIDdemo.png
      72.6 KB
    • msinfo32.txt
      35.3 KB

Stéphane Lenclud

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    @Stéphane Lenclud
    Since I didn't find any suitable external HW available in Switzerland to replace the non-working internal IR interfaces in my HTPC, I am once again trying to troubleshoot the built-in interfaces, and to this end tried out your HID Demo v1.4.6. Not only does it not see any events from my remote, it doesn't appear to even see the devices which should be receiving them. The onboard CIR I/F on my Intel DH67GD appears to be a Nuvoton SIO chip, VID NTN, PID 0530; the USB IR I/F from the original FSC ScaleoE appears to be VID_05AF, PID_0319. but neither of these appear under Devices in HID Demo. This makes me suspect a driver problem, even though Device Manger shows all devices covered and msinfo32 doesn't show nay problems. I have attached an extract from msinfo32 and a screenshot of the devices tab of HID Demo Do you have any suggestions how I might diagnose the problem?
    You need to tick the devices you want to use in HID Demo. Those IrDeviceV2 for instance. Then you should receive the reports from your IR remote.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Country flag
    Thanks, but I already tried that. The first 12 "IrDeviceV2" entries produced no messages at all. The last 2 (labelled "Mouse") produced messages at a rate which caused the HID Demo UI to become unresponsive. The only possible source for these messages was the RF remote I was using to operate the HID Demo UI. Why should an RF device appear under this device ID, and why should the IR devices I was looking for appear under the same device ID? It would be easier if I could decouple the operation of the HID Demo UI from the signals to be examined, but that will be difficult if they are consolidated under some other, composite or virtual, device. I tried running HID Demo from a Remote Desktop session, but then it didn't see any devices at all. Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread