IR Server Suite - Alpha Testing (Private) (2 Viewers)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    TVmecken:

The TV3 and TV2 Blaster Plugins are specifically for sending channel change commands to a Set Top Box when MediaPortal or the TV Server requests the channel change, they operate automatically.

The Blast Zone Plugin is a configurable window plugin for MediaPortal that lets you choose commands from a user configurable menu. They can be IR blasting to control other equipment, they can be launching other applications, all sorts of things...

But you can also set up the MP Control Plugin to map IR blasting to your remote.

If you'd like a test version then send me a Private Message with your email address (that can receive a 2mb attachment) and I'll send you out a copy.

LXB:

I've added you to the list, and will send a copy within the next few days. I'm just finalizing some major source code changes and I will then send out a new test copy to everyone.

Cheers,

itbrl

Portal Member
    October 16, 2006
    Potchefstroom
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hallo Aaron

Thanks for the new version. I did test it but unfortunately the blasting to my set top box stop working.

Maybe something is not configured correctly.

Must I map the remote buttons 0-9 to the blasting in the MAP BUTTONS?

Regards
    Lappies

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    No you don't need to set the mappings to the remote.

You will need to redo your STB Setup with the new version because blasting commands for STBs have a new command format in the new version.

Try that and see how you go.

Cheers,

LXB

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    Hi Aaron,
    1st of all i´d like to thank you 4 your great efforts to give something like that tool to us!
    regarding my goals: i´d like to remotely let mp change the channels on my cable provider´s STB (a motorola box) by one button press or automatically when i program a recording of some tv broadcasting. the remote is an hp ipaq rx3715 which emulates the microsoft mce remote perfectly yet. the remote receiver/blaster is microsoft mce original!
    regarding the setup: As i´m using the standalone configuration of mp (mp 0220 w current svn and tv2) i selected the plugin tvserver2 at installation.
    regarding the 1st steps: i ran the setup and selected the "microsoft mce" and "server mode" from the configuration menu. now i´ve a running the IR Server. i entered mpsetup and went to plugins. under process plugins i tried to configure the plugin. the first tab "plugin setup" doesn´t make sense to me to change (server=my server, stb setup just shows stb´s i don´t own). on the second tab "IR commands" i entered new and learned the numbers 0 to 9 step by step. because i thought this to be intuitive i went to the third tab and learned a macro "premiere 1" with three steps - entering the "blast" commands 7-6-1. of course the test failed ;-).
    what am i doing wrong?
    many TIA, LX.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

It sounds like you've set it up almost right.

When you configure the TV2 Blaster Plugin you need to go to STB Setup and set blast commands for each of the digits. So, learn all the channel number IR command in the main configuration screen, then go to the STB Setup and set them to the digits there.

I don't know why the macro you tested with would have failed, perhaps you can supply a log file?

Good luck.

Cheers,

itbrl

Portal Member
    October 16, 2006
    Potchefstroom
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Ok I have installed the IR-Server and learned the remote keys from 0-9.

The Blaster stopped working and can not get it to work. In your previous post you mentioned “then go to the STB Setup and set them to the digits there” Where is the STB digits setup? Can you please make a screen print of this screen?

What happened to the External Channel button? And were must the Blaster be mapped to the remote buttons.

Thank you for your help

Regards
    Lappies

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    This is a side effect of not having enough documentation :(

Sorry, I'll try to get the docs done really soon.

In the meantime, I'll upload a few screenshots in a moment ...

Cheers,

LXB

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2005
    that would be great (although i´m glad not to be the only one who doesn´t totally understand ;-))
    many thanks...

edit: finally i found the stb setup. i mapped the external digits 0-9 to the learned blaster ones (both/medium speed) and hit "OK" - which unfortunally resulted in an "unhandled exception error" ;-(
    screenshot attached.
    cheers, LX.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the excellent effort you are putting in. This Suite has given MP and general PC use a huge leap forward in functionality! :) You're the man!

Sadly, I have found a couple of bugs that no-one seems to have reported(?) I find that a little odd as I have set up the latest IR Server Suite on 3 PCs with the same effects...
    Anyway, here's the things I have found.

1) There is no IR Configuration tool available. The IR Server is there but no config application for it. This bit me when I stuffed a Server install and had it set to MC Blaster instead of MCE Replacement driver. The server wouldn't start until I edited the IR Server.xml file manually in Wordpad and set it to MCE Replacement.

2) Also the Tray Launcher does not save settings so every time it starts, it prompts for Server, Start on Boot, Application to Start, etc. I checked the Tray Launcher log and it said:
    "19/05/2007 7:30:02 PM - Error: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IR Server Suite\Tray Launcher\Tray Launcher.xml'."
    I had a look and sure enough, the Tray Launcher folder didn't exist. I created it and put an empty text file in it called Tray Launcher.xml.
    That seems to have fixed my problem with the settings not being saved :)

3) The Translator is a little flaky with IR training. When I press Learn, it prompts for a button press. When I press a button, it can take many presses for it to recognise the press. Other times it quickly returns "Unable to learn IR code" after a button press. If I then change the Speed drop down box box and try again it will eventually (after many presses) learn the code.

4) On the Programs tab of the Translator, if you click the Edit button on an existing item, it returns a .NET "Unhandled exception" error. If I click "Continue" I can modify the settings of the program however I change the title of the Program, it does not get saved.

Anyway, thanks again mate. I love the tool and look forward to future versions "with baited breath" :)

cheers,

Nick Name

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom