IR Server Suite (Translator Codes for DirecTV Remote) (1 Viewer)

KDA274

Portal Member
November 18, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Good Afternoon,

I wanted to see if anyone has been successful on creating IRSS Translator codes for DirecTV remote controls? What I need are combination codes, like when I press channel 229 for HGTV. Whenever I try to learn 229 and name it, it doesn't take all the button presses on the remote control.

Also, within IRSS software is the Virtual Remote software. Has anyone created a DirecTV virtual remote and if so, where can I download it and how do I set it up to work? I want it to be able to work with my Microsoft Transceiver and IR blaster, to change the channels on a DirecTV STB.

Any help would be great appreciated,

KDA274

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

KDA274

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Hey there mm1352000,

I'll have to check and see if it does support SHEF or not. Thanks very much for the information.

KDA274

KDA274

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Also, I forgot to mention, I'm trying to get this to work in XBMC Gotham. do you happen to know if this is possible with the setup you mentioned via SHEF?

Thanks,

KDA274

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    SHEF is a MediaPortal TV Server plugin. If you are using XBMC with MediaPortal's TV Server for live TV, and your set top box supports SHEF, then it should work - yes.

KDA274

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    New issue. I installed MediaPortal TVServer on my Windows 8.1 HTPC with XBMC Gotham. The XBMC MP plugin for XBMC is configured correctly and it talks to the backend server. I'm also using DirecTV SHEF. When I launch Live TV within XBMC, and I get a scrambled picture. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?? I've researched and haven't found out what the problem is. Also, how do you change channels with DirecTV SHEF??

Thanks,

KDA274

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I see you started a new thread over here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/scrambled-live-tv-signal.128593/

Please try to avoid starting new threads like that, because it clogs up the forum and probably won't help you get an answer any faster.

When I launch Live TV within XBMC, and I get a scrambled picture. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue??
    Without a screenshot I'm not able to visualise what you mean by "scrambled", so it is very hard to help you. If I had to guess I might say it is possibly an XBMC codec (video decoding) issue. Maybe you haven't enabled hardware accelerated video decoding (DXVA), or your GPU (video/graphics processor) doesn't support it?
    In any case, there's almost nothing that can go wrong on the TV Server side with a Colossus. If I were you I'd be asking this question on the XBMC forum.

Also, how do you change channels with DirecTV SHEF??
    In TV Server you create one analog channel per channel that the set top box knows about. The DirecTV SHEF plugin takes care of telling the set top box to change channels when you change channels within MediaPortal, XBMC or other.

KDA274

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Here is a screenshot of what I mentioned. The sound plays fine, but the picture is scrambled. When I had the other setup via IRSS and NextPVR, the signal was unscrambled and working just fine. I checked within XBMC and DXVA is enabled.

KDA274

Attachments

• Live TV Scambled Signal.JPG
      Live TV Scambled Signal.JPG
      174.4 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Are you really using an S-video connection as the screenshot suggests?
    Also, what settings have you got here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/02_TV_Servers/5_Scan_Analog#Settings

[edit: I should say, my previous theory that the issue might be DXVA/codec related seems unlikely now. That looks like a mismatched/incorrect analog video setting. In other words, I suspect the frame rate or standard (PAL, NTSC etc.) doesn't match the input signal that the Colossus is receiving.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom