IR Server Suite - Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158/3281 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

travisbell

Portal Member
September 2, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is there a known issue where the IR Server Suite log grows to an infinite size (ie. the size of your hard drive)? If I start the IR Server Suite service up, it will grow the log file to be over 50 GB...

Hodor

Portal Member
September 5, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
robyf: Give it a try, but if it doesn't work then I'm not sure what I'll do. CybrMage did all the great work on the Imon support, so unless I get my hands on some imon hardware I don't think I'll be able to do much more.

Thanks infact it does not work, IRSS is still unable to detect HID devices under Vista.

Roby

Same for me. Its detecting the IMON in configuration fine, but when it tries to use it I get a device not found something.

Another question... IRSS IMON USB plugin kills the IMON manager, but the VFD display plugin (CybrDisplay) requires IMON manager.... how will I ever get both to work? :cry:

SandmanNZ

June 6, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
If I try to configure the "TV3 blaster plugin for IR server" it all seems fine. This is until I select a predefined set of commands (it doesn't matter which) and click the 'set' button. At this point a box opens and asks me what blaster port I want and the only option in the list is to select "none" at which point it doesn't work. Any one know why the ports wouldn't be listed? I use a hauppauge 150 PVR and using the Hauppauge configuration I can set the blaster up fine. It's just getting it to work in MP that's the issue.

This is the last of the problems I have with the HTPC, I feel so close to finally having a working system but this has frustrated me for days now. The blaster needs to work on my SKY stb.

Any ideas anyone? I tried reinstalling already. The window/box I'm referring to is the Blast Command box by the way...

I'd appreciate any help.

simon169

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2005
    robyf: Give it a try, but if it doesn't work then I'm not sure what I'll do. CybrMage did all the great work on the Imon support, so unless I get my hands on some imon hardware I don't think I'll be able to do much more.

Thanks infact it does not work, IRSS is still unable to detect HID devices under Vista.

Roby

Same for me. Its detecting the IMON in configuration fine, but when it tries to use it I get a device not found something.

Another question... IRSS IMON USB plugin kills the IMON manager, but the VFD display plugin (CybrDisplay) requires IMON manager.... how will I ever get both to work? :cry:

the cyberdisplay does not need imon manager running any more it just needs it to be installed.

SandmanNZ

June 6, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there,

I have a Hauppauge PVR 150 and I can't for the life of me get it to work as there doesn't seem to be a transmit checkbox for Hauppauge. I read in another thread that it wasn't initailly supported and you seemed to be doing work on it but wondered if it never came back to a conclusion?

I have a stb that I wish to change the channel on with the Hauppauge. I also have the 4000 version of the Hauppauge card, but that has the receiver and not the blaster. :(

This is the last part of my HTPC to fix before it's really working and I'm so close it's frustrating. Using the Hauppauge drivers I can control the stb, but using the mediaportal tv3 plugin I just don't seem to be able to.

As a note when I go to set up a blaster port it comes back with none, unless I tick transmit for MCE remote in the server suite configuration then I can pick port_1, port_2 or both. But, as I'm not using the MCE version of the 150 it seems not to work.

Is the PVR150 supported, has anyone got it to work?
    Please help

Hodor

Portal Member
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Roby

the cyberdisplay does not need imon manager running any more it just needs it to be installed.

Sorry... but it does. If I don't check off the antec options in CybrDisplay then it will almost certainly not work as intended. It always goes into MCE mode on the IR then.

Livin

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    need with with USB-UIRT

I have this setup...
    USB-UIRT
    XBMC
    Harmony remote programmed for MCE (sends MCE commands)

IRSS installed & running fine. Debug sees all commands sent to it. But nothing seems to be getting to XBMC?

thx

pvkleeff

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Roosendaal
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ì have a problem with the latest version. With the RC1 version everything worked OK, but I wanted to upgrade because of the Vista bug. But now nothing works anymore. With the debug client I only see reaction when I restart the server, but when I start MP nothing happens. When I exit MP and start the debug client also nothing happens until the restart of the service.

I've attached the logfiles.

Greetings,

Patrick

Mercbac

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    After following this thread with great interest, I still have a few questions that I hope some of you may be able to answer for me.
    My HTPC is based on a Silverstone GD01MX with the iMON remote unit. Currently I have the iMON Manager set up to translate the incoming IR signals to keypress signals, which in turn operate Mediaportal to my complete satisfaction. The only issue I have left is that when I resume my HTPC from sleep (Vista) the iMON driver switches over to mouse mode instead of keyboard mode.
    So I am wondering if, and if yes then how, IR Server Suite could help me fix this issue. If I understood the concept correct, I could just install the main service, with the MP plugin disabled and then use the "translator" part to generate the keypress signals I need. What I am wondering about though is how the main service interacts with the iMON driver. Will it still suffer from the mouse mode problem, or how would that work?

Thanks!
    Mercbac

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom