IR Server Suite - Version 1.4.2 Test Build 3158/3281 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justchill

Portal Pro
February 25, 2008
Brugge
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi,

is it possible to use the translator program separately without the suite?

Jonnyc

September 10, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Trouble with Home Theater Master MX-500 remote and MCE Receiver

I'm having trouble with IR server suite. I've got 1.4.2 RC1 installed. I recently bought an MCE remote package for my computer (it's the RC6). I installed it using the default drivers that are in Windows XP Pro SP2 (which is what I'm running). I have a Universal Home Theater Master MX-500 (which is a learning remote) controlling everything in my Home Theater - including the lights. I've been using this remote to control my xbox for some time, without difficulty, and I have never had any problems with the remote controlling anything else.

When I run the IR server debug program to check my button presses, the MCE remote works exactly like it should - flawlessly. When I use my MX-500 remote, with all of the buttons learned from the MCE remote, strange things happen. If I press a button once, the debug program shows one button press. If I wait a while (like a few seconds), then press the same button again, it sees one press - no problem.

The trouble comes when I press the button twice in a row. The debug program shows one command received for the first press, but two for the second press. There are now three commands registered for two presses. If I keep pressing buttons at the same rate, the number of commands registered alternates between one and two. Odd presses register one command, even presses register two commands. I should add here that I have tried playing with different repeat delay numbers in the Configuration program, but they don't seem to make any difference to this particular problem. I can make the length-of-hold-time-before-repeat more than a second and it still registers two commands every second press.

On top of this, if I press a different button each time, there is only one press registered for each one, as fast as I can press them.

I thought maybe it might just be the MCE remote having a strange carrier frequency that my remote doesn't like. That doesn't make sense, though, because if they were very different carriers, the remote couldn't have learned the commands in the first place, and the IR suite wouldn't pick up anything through the MCE receiver. I thought I would try out the original XBOX DVD playback remote as well.

When I use the original XBOX remote, IR server suite shows one command per press (through the MCE Reciever) and registers the commands as RCA commands. When I use my MX-500 remote in XBOX mode, it does the same strange 3 commands per two presses thing. It still recognizes the correct RCA commands, just too many. The MX-500 remote controls my XBOX without problems at all.

Here is a link to the website for the remote I have:
Universal Remote Control Model MX-500

The only thing I can think of that might be a problem is the rate of code output for my remote. That might be quite different for different remotes, and maybe it's just not accounted for in the IR server suite software. If anyone has any ideas, or needs me to gather some more info in order to get help, I'm more than happy to oblige. I can probably even get an oscilloscope output of my remote, if necessary, though it might take a while.

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Livin

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Problem using USB-UIRT

Setup...

USB-UIRT
XBMC
XP SP3 + all patches
Harmony remote programmed as XBOX & MCE

IRSS installed & seems to be running fine.

Debug is showing all commands sent to it from the remote but nothing seems to be getting to XBMC?

thx for the help!

cafe.racer

Portal Pro
August 5, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm still having problems with the Input Service "freezing" on resume.

In the old version stopping and starting the Input Service would get it working again, current using cpp2005's version and it's still locking up, but I have to go into the input service configuration and update the config, which triggers the service restart, and that fixes it.

Anyone else, or just me?

pmbsa

Portal Pro
September 27, 2004
Redeye Serial

Hi, has anybody had any success using the redeye Serial blaster, cant seem to get it to do anything.

thanks
Paul

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I'm not driver expert by any means, but it seems there is no need to do anything on MCE suspend/resume. I removed all suspend/resume code (left only notifications) and now it is working on my Vista system :)
    Attached are modified files, extract it to "IR Server Plugins" directory and let me know.

I also had the freeze problem on resume with Vista.
    I confirm that this patch works.
    :D

romadd

Livin

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Setup...

USB-UIRT
    XBMC
    XP SP3 + all patches
    Harmony remote programmed as XBOX & MCE

IRSS installed & seems to be running fine.

Debug is showing all commands sent to it from the remote but nothing seems to be getting to XBMC?

thx for the help!

How can such a potentially awesome app has such a huge lack of support :eek:

cafe.racer

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Probably best to start a thread of your own, as this thread is about the new version rather than a place to discuss specific issues you have.

Heina

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2008
    Windhoek, Namibia
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Home button

Hi there.

Thanx for the great plugin Aaron :) just 2 thing questions...

I added a remote template using the MP Control plugin. Everything works great; I've mapped most of the buttons I require... except for 2 functions...
    How can I map the home button on my remote? Also how can I map a button to show the context menu of the selected item (to delete episodes etc.)

Thanx
    Hein

wim168

Portal Member
    March 12, 2008
    Benthuizen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    setting up IrTrans

Hi Guys

For my zalman hd160xt case I am trying to setup IRTrans in Input Service Configuration.
    I want to use the IR receiver in the case and send IRBlast commands with a microsoft MCE receiver/blaster I connected to the system.
    I tried to set it up but the the Zalman IR receiver is not working. When I let the software detect the hardware it only finds the MCE receiver/blaster.
    In mediaportal the IRTrans receiver is working perfectly.
    I am using the d-hd160xt-c program that comes with an XML file for the zalman remote.

What am I doing wrong:confused:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom