IRSS not working with ITECIR (Intel NUC7 built-in IR) (1 Viewer)

Terriff

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
Hi all. Haven't been here in a long time, but I've been using IRSS for like 10 years now and I still love it!

I know it's not really being developed anymore, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with using IRSS with an Intel NUC7 mini computer. It comes with a built in IR receiver that shows in Device Manager as "ITECIR Infrared Receiver (EC)" and "Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver".

I've tried everything I can, including editing the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\HidIr\Remotes keys, removing, changing CodeSetNum values, etc, but IRSS Debug client never recognized any remote command from my RC6 MCE remote. I've also got a Logitech Harmony programmed as an MCE that doesn't recognize either, but both remotes work with my MCE IR dongle, just fine, just not the built-in ITECIR receiver.

There's a similar issue on the Intel forums here. The default MCE remote functions work with the default registry setup for remotes, but the default setup lacks so much compared to using IRSS.

The only option I have is to buy a new IR dongle, like FLIRC, or an MCE dongle, but I have so many remote mappings setup for IRSS and KODI and the Translator that I'd really love to keep using IRSS.

Anyone have any ideas? Is a new plugin needed to support the ITETECH CIR?

Terriff

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
Any advice on writing a plugin for this IR receiver? I've got 20 years of software experience and would love a push in the right direction. @chefkoch, perhaps? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom