Is anyone using MediaPortal and Nebula DigiTV? (1 Viewer)

Alcion

Portal Member
August 13, 2004
orphic2 said:
Ok, the remote control codes to control media portal with the one-for-all remote through nebula's digitv are here:

http://kustom.customer.netspace.net.au/nebula.reg

Just save it and then double click it to add the registry entries.

On the topic of digitv, 3.12.7 seems more buggy than most betas! Its jittering sound and video heaps, and it now seems some programmed recordings display as 1 second long, and crash digitv when you try and play them. Time to rollback to one of the stable releases :wink:

Thanks a lot for the configuration file. I will try it later today.

On the topic of digitv, I have been using this one for a while (post beta4) and it is very stable:

http://www.nebula-electronics.com/walktest/digitv.zip

It has most of the features of 3.12.7 but it works without crashing :)

See the forum discussion in:
http://www.dtvforum.info/lofiversion/index.php/t10756-250.html

A

Anonymous

Glad you got them working. Nebula kindly ignored my email about allowing the exit remote button to be overridden to do something other than shutdown the app. Nebula are useless at responding to emails. I wrote them an email about a bug I found, and they finally wrote back like a few months later, and there was like 2 version released since... going to sell my nebula soon and buy an MP supported digi tv card, once I know MP perform as well as the neb software.

A

Anonymous

I dont mean to bag Nebula too much, their software is top notch and easily the best bundled software with any HDTV card I have seen, fantastic interface and awesome functionality, but it just shits me when companies provide email addresses and pretend to be contactable when really they dont care. They might as well replace the email links on their websites with pictures of the recycle bin, same everyone the dillusion someone actually reads them. :evil:

Alcion

Portal Member
August 13, 2004
I got in touch with them sometime ago and they did reply to my message the following week.

I have the impression that during the last two to three moths they were a little short of personnel but they are coming back. They recently made available their SDK and released 3.2 full of annoying bugs. I did not manage to get 3.129 this time; they took it away before I could download it.

I fully share your suggestion to overwrite the “exit” button. It would be nice not to have to terminate MP every time we want to watch TV. I would also like to be able to use the extra buttons in the one4all remote.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    orphic2 said:
    I dont mean to bag Nebula too much, their software is top notch and easily the best bundled software with any HDTV card I have seen, fantastic interface and awesome functionality, but it just shits me when companies provide email addresses and pretend to be contactable when really they dont care. They might as well replace the email links on their websites with pictures of the recycle bin, same everyone the dillusion someone actually reads them. :evil:

I hve wroted couple of emails to Nebula and got no reply. For me DigiTV app doesn't work ok. Channel changing hangs randomly, stuttering live tv & recorded tv playback. MP + Nova-T with BDA drivers is much more usable combination for me. (Althou MP still has some missing features like DVB subtitles or working EPG in Finland).

My Nebula DVB card is now waiting for BDA drivers so that I could use it as a second tuner in MP.

A

Anonymous

I agree, stability has been an issue with the nebula, nothing compared to the visionplus paperweight i used to own.

However, digitv 3.128 is solid as a rock, I can get you a copy if you want to give it a try. Works a charm for me. :twisted:

Alcion

Portal Member
    August 13, 2004
    orphic2 said:
    However, digitv 3.128 is solid as a rock, I can get you a copy if you want to give it a try. Works a charm for me. :twisted:

Did you mean 3.129? I had some problems with the official 3.128.

A

Anonymous

Alcion said:
    orphic2 said:

Did you mean 3.129? I had some problems with the official 3.128.

No its 3.128... but it is working all good for me. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom