Is anyone using MediaPortal and Nebula DigiTV? (1 Viewer)

Marky Mark

Portal Member
May 18, 2005
Nebula Reg file

orphic2 - just a note to say thanks for the reg file for the Nebula remote.

I have just discovered this software and it looks ideal to complement the DigiTV software on my HTPC

A

Anonymous

Re: Nebula Reg file

Marky Mark said:
orphic2 - just a note to say thanks for the reg file for the Nebula remote.

I have just discovered this software and it looks ideal to complement the DigiTV software on my HTPC

No problem, let me know if you need anything in the way of digitv, i currently have working australian EPG and have customised the built in website too. :wink:

Marky Mark

Portal Member
May 18, 2005
I generally quite like the Nebula software - I must have been lucky as I don't seem to get the problems that some other users have been reporting. Between Digitv and Mediaportal even my wife seems to be getting the hang of using the HTPC (although maybe this is not such a good thing! :lol: ) It would be good if Digitv integrated with Mediaportal though, rather than sitting alongside it.

What changes have you made to the built in Webserver?

A

Anonymous

Marky Mark said:
What changes have you made to the built in Webserver?

I redesigned the interface completely because the default one is ugly and not particularly well laid out. I can post a copy if you want to try it out for yourself?

Marky Mark

Portal Member
May 18, 2005
I don't use the Webserver very often, but would like to try the new interface if it not too much trouble.

I have just installed the latest version of Media Portal (1.3), and it seems to be much quicker and more stable. I have found that I can now launch it in full screen and use it as a desktop with the Nebula remote, and when I want the TV I can just launch DigiTV over the top. I didn't seem to be able to do this before, and Media Portal didn't close down very cleanly when I wanted to switch to Digitv.

I was wondering about using the BDA drivers and then only using Media Portal, but people seem to be having so much trouble that I did not want to upset an otherwise stable system. The DigiTV software seems quite good, and now that they work together so well I should leave it alone...but if I get bored one day.....!

Another possibility would be to add another tuner card so that I could watch one channel on DigiTV while recording on Media Portal, probably asking for trouble trying to get that set up though!

Sorry - its a bit of a ramble I am just thinking out loud really. Any comments would be good though.

Cheers,
Mark.

January 31, 2006
DigiTV

Can anyone tell me if they have got MediaPortal running with DigiTV PCI card, windows XP service pack 2 installed.

I have downloaded and installed the latest DBA drivers from Nebula and replaced the .xml file as recommened, however meidaportal program is very slow, even maximising the screen takes ages.

If I use the TV, it starts and stops every second, totally unwatchable, like it's loosing the signal, although I know there is nothing wrong with the signal.

My PC, is more than capable of handling this application

Is the latested BDA driver too buggy?, there are several alternatives on their site.

Portal Member
December 20, 2005
Austria
Reply to mr_dom_is@hotmail.com

Reply to mr_dom_is@hotmail.com:

Yes, I have a Nebula DigiTV PCI card working in a fully patched (SP2) XP Professional (actually it's MCE).
I use the Beta BDA drivers and I did NOT replace the XML file as suggested by Nebula.
Mediaportal (RC2) detected the Nebula card on first start and it works fine. I did have to muck about with codecs a bit initially but it's great now.
I use an MCE remote to control it as it just worked 'out of the box', no configuration necessary.
I have MCE installed but I find Mediaportal better as I get more channels and it's more stable, plus if Mediaportal crashes, etc. I can restart Mediaportal whereas MCE usually requires a reboot.
If you would like more info, feel free to PM or email: carrollcc at gmail dot com

Maus

Portal Member
August 9, 2005
UK
Hi,

i am trying to get the nebula running with Media portal on XP SP2 and have the same issue, with the picture stop/starting, rendering it unwatchable.

Any codec suggestions anyone? I can't seem to nail it. I wonder if the fact that it is working on an MCE based system for the post above is a factor? Perhaps I need to upgrade?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom