Is Comskip meant to work in live tv? (2 Viewers)

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes please do share code.

As a side note I believe this should be a standard feature of mp, just set to disabled by default. As I have been through the trouble of setting this up before, then when I have to do a clean install of mp, I can't be bothered doing it all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erosco

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi gonzo90017 - I can't see any reason why not.. I'll need to see if I can get it up on google drive - will try and post a link soon.
    --- Post updated ---
    Hi Guys,

Attached is the link to the MP client and TV Server installers that are both needed to utilise live .edl file based skipping in the client.

My skills at builds are pretty basic - so I just added in the code changes in the branch and ran the build scripts :) Don't know how to make a combined installer.

I am running this config as my daily driver and haven't had any issues with general mediaportal functionality. I followed the instructions and mapped my green button on remote to enable/disable automatic skipping and yellow button to 'jump back'.

The Mepo stuff works perfectly.. I have lots of issues with comskip (live_tv=1) as the code is a bit dodgy (in my opinion). Most of the issues are to due to OZ channels having 0 black frames in commercial breaks as well as comskip often runs too fast and crashes when it catches up to realtime.. I have made massive changes to comskip (lock down processing rate to video rate - usually 25fps, as well as creating black frames when logo appears and disappears to make the live stuff work (nothing to do with mediaportal). I am not sure my version would suite others (I base com skipping ONLY on the logo visibility). I will put my comskip.exe up in the same dir anyway (as well as a channel ini).

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6Jzol7ZKahtRnpTTWpKU2NNNUU&usp=sharing

Best Regards
    erosco

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom