[fixed] Is comskip working? (1 Viewer)

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
For those using Comskip Monitored plugin...
After a summer of system failures I'm finally back up and running and looking to start upgrade of Comskip Monitored for 1.3b. Will post here once done.
cheers

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
For those using Comskip Monitored plugin...
After a summer of system failures I'm finally back up and running and looking to start upgrade of Comskip Monitored for 1.3b. Will post here once done.
cheers
Awesome. Can't wait!

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
A new 1.3RC compatible version of Comskip Monitored plugin is now available here:
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/other/comskip-monitored

I have put some effort into the MPE1 installer so am interested in any issues it may cause. Also, I have not tested with 1.3beta, but I don't foresee any problems. Please let me know of issues or obvious enhancements.

Did you know there are two parameters which can be added to the comskip.ini which direct Comskip to NOT SKIP advertisements within specified seconds of the start or the end of a recording. I hate it when comskip cut's off the credits at the end of a recording. The settings are:
always_keep_first_seconds
always_keep_last_seconds
I have mine set to always_keep_last_seconds=600

cheers
John

gonzo90017

Portal Pro
September 3, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I actually found that tip from one of your older posts. I wish there was a way to have comskip ignore certain channels. I record a bunch of stuff from PBS which is comercial free.

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

johns11

Portal Pro
February 7, 2007
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi all

Further to the last few posts above, Comskip Monitored TV Server plugin (1.3RC version) now allows you to set up a channel group called "No Comskip", using standard TV Server configuration functionality, and the plugin will not launch comskip.exe for any channels added to that group.

I have now updated the installer process (thanks to gonzo90017 for testing), and refreshed the download link here:
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&task=att_download&link_id=214&cf_id=24

Johns11

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom