Is MP destined to end like MeediOS? (1 Viewer)

J

joostzilla

Only time will tell who will survive.
Personally i love:
- MP for its unsurpassed Live TV experience. Its Titan skin and remote control integration. Its LAV use.
- Emby for its great database and multi platform use. Emby Theater is becoming a sick mediacenter. I wish the MP2 devs and the Emby devs would work together.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Friend of mine tried KODI 6 months ago and the thing just failed to scale proper for his resolution, broken aspect ratio, livetv never quite worked. He tried MP and after noticing it was wife proof he just stick to it.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    About skins for KODI, I don't like them at all. All those horizontal lay outs. I don't see how that can work user friendly. Give me at least a vertical good looking skin, or a skin like titan/titanius.

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    About skins for KODI, I don't like them at all. All those horizontal lay outs. I don't see how that can work user friendly. Give me at least a vertical good looking skin, or a skin like titan/titanius.

There is a addon skin called 'Titan' which is a copy of MP's Titan skin.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

There is a addon skin called 'Titan' which is a copy of MP's Titan skin.

I have tried that allready, but it's not even close to our own Titan skin..

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    !?!?

In which way is it not even close?

I have used Titan and Titan extended in MP and now usw Kodi with Titan skin and the kodi Version is in every aspect as good as the original - plus it can be fully customized from the GUI without touching a XML file or an external editor.

Sorry just don't get your point here...

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    !?!?

In which way is it not even close?

I have used Titan and Titan extended in MP and now usw Kodi with Titan skin and the kodi Version is in every aspect as good as the original - plus it can be fully customized from the GUI without touching a XML file or an external editor.

Sorry just don't get your point here...

Maybe it was an early version, I don't know. However, I don't like this whole Kodi vs MP discussion. It are both different programs. MP has a longer learn cycle for true, but when you are used to it, and totally know how to use and optimize it, I'm sure it will give most people by far a way better experience. But not everyone has time and have fun to put that time into it. And I understand that! That's why I'm always saying; Kodi is for geeks, MP for freaks! :p

I have talked to a lot of people that are using Kodi. But when they see my setup, they are totally blown away! So enjoy Kodi, and leave us, MP freaks alone.. ;)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe it was an early version, I don't know. However, I don't like this whole Kodi vs MP discussion. It are both different programs. MP has a longer learn cycle for true, but when you are used to it, and totally know how to use and optimize it, I'm sure it will give most people by far a way better experience. But not everyone has time and have fun to put that time into it. And I understand that! That's why I'm always saying; Kodi is for geeks, MP for freaks! [emoji14]

I have talked to a lot of people that are using Kodi. But when they see my setup, they are totally blown away! So enjoy Kodi, and leave us, MP freaks alone.. ;)
    Don't want to start a useless discussion, just couldn't leave that un-commented. I like MP too, a lot actually but I have good reasons why I switched....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom