Is MP destined to end like MeediOS? (1 Viewer)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Damn, lost overview using taptalk :)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think in the long run the real competitor as the frontend GUI is Emby Theater.

It has:
    The up to now really good server back end
    Some livetv plugins - more to come probably
    Good video quality with the option of MadVR
    Very capable and (active) development

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry I have never used bonus features for MBT or the server so I am unaware of what features you are talking. I only purchased the Android app and the MP app is also not free when I remember correctly if I want it add free.

I have also compensated the MP Team as I think that good software needs financial support - so free is relative from my perspective, however I agree that the MP team is not charging for anything which is great and generous

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I only purchased the Android app and the MP app is also not free when I remember correctly if I want it add free.
    Well, those are indeed part or the bonus features you get. There are only 3 ways to obtain those: $ 70,- once, $ 36 a year or $ 5,- monthly donations.

so free is relative from my perspective
    You get everything free here :) All plugins, skins, add-ons, etc. and you already confirmed that you paid for the Android app ;)

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    so free is relative from my perspective
    You get everything free here :) All plugins, skins, add-ons, etc. and you already confirmed that you paid for the Android app ;)[/QUOTE]

I know and I am thankful for that - that's why I donated :)

But for the time beeing as a GUI I will be using Kodi as there is a Control4 driver available (not on everyones list here ;) )

staticx

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    @blub I didn't experience any stuttering nor full screen problems. I run kodi from my mce remote using the green button and it's always opens up on full screen.
    And I run it on amd x4 630 cpu + nvidia Gtx970 on 4k@60hz, everything works very smooth.
    You can have a look at a video I've taken few months ago, the menus are in Hebrew... But I think you'll get the point.

‏‪My KODI Experience‬‏‏:

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When I run in "real full screen" mode Kodi sometimes isn't on top, it is minimized. When running "window as full screen" there is once in a while video judder - it is somewhere in the kodi wiki and is a known problem.

I have an AMD A10 so it is a different machine to yours with AMD graphics.

staticx

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    When I run in "real full screen" mode Kodi sometimes isn't on top, it is minimized .

If you configure the green button to run kodi.exe so every time you press it, it will bring up the main window on top, even if it's minimized.
    Actually it's just like media portal on that issue...

blub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2013
    Giessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Never had that issue with MP.

I am using IP control via a Control4 system, so your solution would require a little programming and a work around as dummy via IR. I will give it a try this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom