Is MP-TVSeries compatible with MediaPortal 1.7 Pre? (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry guys, those plugins were ONLY for internal testing, since we can't be sure everything is working properly.
    Plugin devs need to act now to make their plugins compatible with 1.7 (Pre).
    Putting back windowsplugins.dll only breaks more, because all reference to that dll are removed from the code.

Give them time. The Release News i clear about plugin changes for this release.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    and your think .. a NON Developer has Access to this site?
    i think not..
    should also be packed to this thread so any User can load any of them..

i have contact @HomeY for do this..

And now we are at the point of the argument. If you are testing a pre-release version, then you should be aware of all the conditions that come with it. Now asking nicely in the MP-TVSeries thread "Is a MediaPortal 1.7 Pre-Release compatible version of MP-TVSeries available yet?" works much better then complaining 1.7 breaks the 1.6 MP-TVSeries plugin when the pre-release notes of MediaPortal clearly state that this can happen due to the WindowsPlugin changes.

Developers had early access to 1.7 to ensure their plugin works, but with time nearing for 1.7 FINAL it is time for a larger scale test to ensure that no other bugs went unnoticed. It is not meant for regular users, they should stick to FINAL/Stable versions that are fully supported via MPEI for any plugins they might use.

Now if you want to help the plugin developers to ensure that their plugin works fine in the gazillion possible combinations, then that is much appreciated, but then please ensure that you are testing correct, so a beta/pre-release product of the main program has to be matched by beta/pre-release matching plugins if an update is required.

lord.warlock

Portal Member
    December 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well that escalated quickly.

Just wanted to ask in the correct forum if 1.7 was breaking the plugin, I know that's a pre reales that why I was looking for a solution and an answer. But never mind.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well that escalated quickly.

Just wanted to ask in the correct forum if 1.7 was breaking the plugin, I know that's a pre reales that why I was looking for a solution and an answer. But never mind.
    Nah, don't worry about it.
    imho you didn't do anything seriously wrong. You saw an issue, reported it (somehow), asked a question and even tried to create a workaround yourself. Well, for you this 'workaround works'. But I would NOT encourage others to do the same as it can/will break a lot of other stuff. So people, don't try this at home.

Personally I find it good/positive/fun to read you actively searched for and found a very creative solution. (y) Although being 'a bit experimental'. Ghehehe. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As for the final solution to the problem. It is already said it is coming soon. :) Of course the developer is doing his very best to correct the situation as fast as he is able to. :) :) Very much appreciated!!! Thank you already for that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom