Is there a need for a skin editor? (2 Viewers)

MrLobster

Portal Pro
July 21, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
could you include a link on the first post to the latest version?

NoBugS

Portal Pro
August 22, 2009
Hoover, AL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
arion_p
I know, and I don't think we can fully automate it. At the end you will be able to verify that the xml you specify matches the Controls of a selected class. There is really no way to create a complete xml-template for a class due to the limitations (Maybe something to keep in mind for the future (2.0???).
Working with the current skins showed me some deficits that could easliy be solved for 2.x.

NoBugS

Portal Pro
August 22, 2009
Hoover, AL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
either its so great that nobody has any more wishes for it or its so bad that everybody gave up hope....
any comments or feedback?
who is actually testing it?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    heh, sorry I have been meaning to give it another test but am in the middle of some new feature in the tvseries plugin.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    either its so great that nobody has any more wishes for it or its so bad that everybody gave up hope....
    any comments or feedback?
    who is actually testing it?

Indeed it would be nice to have some comments from the skinners. This is a tool that you have been bugging for many years... and now it would be a good time to help developing it to your needs.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am dying to test it, and very excited about it, but I'm just releasing new verison of aMPed 3.0, so no time to be testing, but I will soon! I'll keep posting in your Skin forum post so it gets seen :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I had a quick testrun of the second version, as I did the first one. I'm really glad to see that you can resize controls by mouse, great :)

Also good with the right-click bring to front/back.

One thing that stroke me though, was that I missed a undo/redo function.

The colorpicker doesn't seem to remember the last chosen color. I also find it a bit to advanced (what!?) because I rarely uses more than 3-4 colors in a skin, and would rather just define them somewhere central, and then have a selectbox with these four colors, or even better, just 3-4 colored squares that I can click on ONCE to use the color :)

Look at the attached mockup to see what I mean. The editor must enable the author to work with as few clicks, selectboxes and stuff as possible. We need to save time here :D

I may have some more comments but this was some of them ;)

Keep up the good work!

:D

EDIT: Same goes for alignment, since only left, center or right can be used, I would prefer 3 icons as in Word to align text. One click less.

Attachments

• wish.png
      wish.png
      5.5 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    EDIT: Same goes for alignment, since only left, center or right can be used, I would prefer 3 icons as in Word to align text. One click less.

One good improvement would be to allow skinner to create some grid lines (and then components would be snapping to those). Would improve the layouting of controls a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom