Issue with Multiple Artists not being pipe seperated in Now Playing (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Added this to Mantis as it should be consistent across the board
    0003077: Labels for multiple artists are handled inconsistently - MediaPortal Bugtracker

My hunch is that that " | " separator is simply the value taken from the database (where on import ; is changed to |) and the ";" separator is simply the value taken direct from the tag.

I have looked through the code and I can't figure out where this is happening

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can mediaportal use .cue files, i never knew? =) can you send me a private message with a bit of info as to the naming convection for the .cue / .mp3 files and i will add it to my music guide. also does the audio get added to the database twice (once for entire .mp3 file and multiple entries for the .cue file)

Sure it can recognize cue files. With the version currently in SVN you can even have different files assigned to each individual track inside a cue file. This can be used for example to enable tag support for file formats which natively don't support tagging. e.g. AC3

No, the main file isn't written into the Music DB, only the parts out of the cue

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Added this to Mantis as it should be consistent across the board
    0003077: Labels for multiple artists are handled inconsistently - MediaPortal Bugtracker

My hunch is that that " | " separator is simply the value taken from the database (where on import ; is changed to |) and the ";" separator is simply the value taken direct from the tag.

I have looked through the code and I can't figure out where this is happening

Yes, this is correct.
    We have the pipe as a separator in the db, whereas the semicolon comes directly from the tag.
    Don't have code with me, but will have a look at it on the weekend.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Fixed in SVN 26547

Everything ok in Now Playing. the property was changed at a different place.
    Once i figured that out it was an easy change.
    Can I see the patch as I spent a little while this morning going through this but could not see where the property got set incorrectly

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I nearly ran mad, cause in now playing the data was always ok.
    Then i thought it might be done at another place and found it to be in GUIMusicOverlay.cs.

so i rearranged the code a bit at lines 510ff. Was moving down the reading of the tags into an else and inserted code to split mutiple artist entries and join them together with the pipe, so that it is like if the stuff would have been retrieved via the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom