Issue with upgrade from MediaPortal 1.1 (1 Viewer)

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a problem... This is what I have done:

I was on Mediaportal 1.1.3.
    I uninstalled Mediaportal
    I uninstalled StreamedMP (not entirely sure what version I was on)
    I installed Mediaportal 1.2.2
    I installed StreamedMP 1.7.6.3093

All of my settings were intact and I was very happy, until I started Mediaportal. I then got a warning that the current skin does not support 1.2.2 and that I can ignore the warning and continue at own risk, basically. However, when I do so, overlays on the home screen are gone. (Like when I watch a video and without stopping it return to the home page) I can still hear the sound, but there is no miniature video window like there used to be. Any way, I suppose it's a minor issue, but it kind of bugs me...

What's also strange is this:
    When I look in MediaPortal configuration, it says StreamedMP 1.1.0.0.
    If I go to settings/#streamedmp.skinsettings(!) and click Skin Information it says 1.4.12.2120
    When I open StreamedMP Basic menu editor and go to the (i)-tab, it says version 1.7.6.3093, but skin name is StreamedMP v 1.4.12.2120

Do you have any idea what is going on and how I may remedy the situation?

Would appreciate any advice!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Only thing I can suggest is that you remove StreamedMP again as it looks like it was not completely uninstalled for whatever reason (maybe something to do with uninstalling StreamedMP after MediaPortal.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a problem... This is what I have done:

I was on Mediaportal 1.1.3.
    I uninstalled Mediaportal
    I uninstalled StreamedMP (not entirely sure what version I was on)
    I installed Mediaportal 1.2.2
    I installed StreamedMP 1.7.6.3093

All of my settings were intact and I was very happy, until I started Mediaportal. I then got a warning that the current skin does not support 1.2.2 and that I can ignore the warning and continue at own risk, basically. However, when I do so, overlays on the home screen are gone. (Like when I watch a video and without stopping it return to the home page) I can still hear the sound, but there is no miniature video window like there used to be. Any way, I suppose it's a minor issue, but it kind of bugs me...

What's also strange is this:
    When I look in MediaPortal configuration, it says StreamedMP 1.1.0.0.
    If I go to settings/#streamedmp.skinsettings(!) and click Skin Information it says 1.4.12.2120
    When I open StreamedMP Basic menu editor and go to the (i)-tab, it says version 1.7.6.3093, but skin name is StreamedMP v 1.4.12.2120

Do you have any idea what is going on and how I may remedy the situation?

Would appreciate any advice!

This sounds like the skin did not install fully, could you uninstall StreamedMP, ensure the skin folder is removed and re-install and then check the versions again.

EDIT: Oops - just realised damien answered this already...only excuse is the new forum layout, reverse display of posts to what I was using before.

Thanks

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks to both of you! I uninstalled StreamedMP and even though all that was left in the Skin\StreamedMP folder were other empty folders, I decided to remove them manually. I then reinstalled StreamedMP and this time everything is working great with all previous settings still there!

Much obliged and thank you for a beautiful skin with both high wow-factor and WAF!

Best regards
    DalaNorth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom