Issues with database after upgrade to 4.3.0

Discussion in 'My TVSeries' started by Sea Monkey, January 9, 2016.

1. Sea Monkey

Sea Monkey Portal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1
    4.3.0 borked my database. Even after restoring from a backup, it was still corrupted. However, uninstalling the plugin, reinstalling version 4.0.3 (most recent installer I'd saved), and restoring from the same backup fixed everything.

*edit* Updated to 4.2.2.2251 via the Extension Installer and everything looks good.

*edit 2* Tried to update from 4.2.2.2251 to 4.3.0 and the same thing happened. It's seems to be pulling up a bunch of deleted shows and old file locations. Looks like it's loading from an old backup database.

*edti 3* Attached a zip containing the relevant database. Again, this works fine in releases prior to 4.3.0.

Attached Files:

Last edited: January 11, 2016
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. n3w813

n3w813 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Upgrading to 4.3.0 caused very slow database loading issues over the network. Any view updates on the MP client in the TVSeries plugins take 15-20 seconds to load. Reverting back to 4.2.2 resolved the issue.

My MP databases is shared on a server over the network for my MP clients.

4. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,389 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    This is because your database fails an integrity check (see screenshot):
    Code (Text):
    1. PRAGMA integrity_check;
    You can either start with a fresh database or fix the issues you have with the current one.

The latest version has a check in place to restore a corrupt database with the last known good database but in your case you started off with one that fails with no known backup (good version).

Attached Files:

Last edited: January 15, 2016
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Sea Monkey

Sea Monkey Portal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 1
    I recall doing some manual editing of the database a long time ago when I was having some problems that I couldn't fix through the configuration, but I'm not at all fluent with SQL, really. I just did what I had to to get everything correctly identified. Any tips on exactly *how* to go about fixing this database? I'd hate to have to start from scratch, given the massive size of my collection, and it would be unfortunate to be stuck on an outdated version of the plugin.

*edit* Removing The Walking Dead from the database got rid of all of the integrity check results except for

Code (Text):
    1. wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_online_episodes_1
    *edit2* In SQLite Expert Personal, selecting 'Database -> Reindex All Tables' allows the integrity check to return 'ok'. Going to attempt updating the plugin now.

*edit3* SUCCESS! Thanks for your help! :)

Last edited: January 15, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!