Issues with database after upgrade to 4.3.0 (1 Viewer)

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
June 13, 2011
4.3.0 borked my database. Even after restoring from a backup, it was still corrupted. However, uninstalling the plugin, reinstalling version 4.0.3 (most recent installer I'd saved), and restoring from the same backup fixed everything.

*edit* Updated to 4.2.2.2251 via the Extension Installer and everything looks good.

*edit 2* Tried to update from 4.2.2.2251 to 4.3.0 and the same thing happened. It's seems to be pulling up a bunch of deleted shows and old file locations. Looks like it's loading from an old backup database.

*edti 3* Attached a zip containing the relevant database. Again, this works fine in releases prior to 4.3.0.

Attachments

• TVSeriesDatabase4.zip
    43.2 MB
Last edited:

n3w813

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Upgrading to 4.3.0 caused very slow database loading issues over the network. Any view updates on the MP client in the TVSeries plugins take 15-20 seconds to load. Reverting back to 4.2.2 resolved the issue.

My MP databases is shared on a server over the network for my MP clients.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    4.3.0 borked my database. Even after restoring from a backup, it was still corrupted. However, uninstalling the plugin, reinstalling version 4.0.3 (most recent installer I'd saved), and restoring from the same backup fixed everything.

*edit* Updated to 4.2.2.2251 via the Extension Installer and everything looks good.

*edit 2* Tried to update from 4.2.2.2251 to 4.3.0 and the same thing happened. It's seems to be pulling up a bunch of deleted shows and old file locations. Looks like it's loading from an old backup database.

*edti 3* Attached a zip containing the relevant database. Again, this works fine in releases prior to 4.3.0.
    This is because your database fails an integrity check (see screenshot):
    Code:
    PRAGMA integrity_check;

You can either start with a fresh database or fix the issues you have with the current one.

The latest version has a check in place to restore a corrupt database with the last known good database but in your case you started off with one that fails with no known backup (good version).

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-01-15 11.54.22.jpg
      Screenshot 2016-01-15 11.54.22.jpg
      83.2 KB
    Last edited:

Sea Monkey

Portal Member
    June 13, 2011
    This is because your database fails an integrity check (see screenshot):
    Code:
    PRAGMA integrity_check;

You can either start with a fresh database or fix the issues you have with the current one.

The latest version has a check in place to restore a corrupt database with the last known good database but in your case you started off with one that fails with no known backup (good version).

I recall doing some manual editing of the database a long time ago when I was having some problems that I couldn't fix through the configuration, but I'm not at all fluent with SQL, really. I just did what I had to to get everything correctly identified. Any tips on exactly *how* to go about fixing this database? I'd hate to have to start from scratch, given the massive size of my collection, and it would be unfortunate to be stuck on an outdated version of the plugin.

*edit* Removing The Walking Dead from the database got rid of all of the integrity check results except for

Code:
    wrong # of entries in index sqlite_autoindex_online_episodes_1

*edit2* In SQLite Expert Personal, selecting 'Database -> Reindex All Tables' allows the integrity check to return 'ok'. Going to attempt updating the plugin now.

*edit3* SUCCESS! Thanks for your help! :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom