ITV HD in tv server (1 Viewer)

c128

Portal Member
July 17, 2007
Yep - exactly that. I had assumed either broadcaster issues or dodginess with the EVR Renderer (as it was video only, in my case).

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
View attachment 22108

Stop your TVService

Replace the TSWriter in your TVServer directory

Start Service

Scan on the ITV HD Freq 11427 H 2/3

Look for channel in TV Channels named

This is ITV HD

Cheers DMAN!

Hi, sorry guys just had a pretty busy weekend and can't work out how to do this! I've replaced tswriter.ax but where do I setup the scanning freq etc?

Thanks

Nemulate

Portal Pro
December 29, 2005
IOW
Home Country
England England
Ahhh ok, I read the instructions as meaning you need to do a manual scan on a specific frequency. I'll rescan tonight and hopefully watch the footy in HD on ITV :) Actually no I won't it's on BBC instead lol!

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
I've had mixed success with this. I have 2 clients that are literally identical, same hardware, same software setup and I can view ITV HD on 1 of them and not the other. The one that doesn't says in the log file that the video and audio pins don't match each other and then gives up.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK, all installed and working ITV-HD, watched the football tonight but keep getting the occasional breakup in picture, flicking to BBC-HD I get no breakup at all. Anyone else?

Regards.

Similar - my H264 video renderer preferences are not being applied to ITV HD, I use ffdshow for video codec and CoreAVC for H264. BBC HD works fine but when I tune to ITV HD it uses ffdshow.

I've attached some logs in case anyone gets to look at this (although I know it's not high priority) - I noticed these in TsReader.log

BBC HD
17-06-2008 18:30:38.487 [c] video pid:30 type:1b

ITV HD
17-06-2008 18:30:54.481 [eec] video pid:30 type:10

Might be something to do with it?

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
OK, all installed and working ITV-HD, watched the football tonight but keep getting the occasional breakup in picture, flicking to BBC-HD I get no breakup at all. Anyone else?

Regards.

Similar - my H264 video renderer preferences are not being applied to ITV HD, I use ffdshow for video codec and CoreAVC for H264. BBC HD works fine but when I tune to ITV HD it uses ffdshow.

I've attached some logs in case anyone gets to look at this (although I know it's not high priority) - I noticed these in TsReader.log

BBC HD
17-06-2008 18:30:38.487 [c] video pid:30 type:1b

ITV HD
17-06-2008 18:30:54.481 [eec] video pid:30 type:10

Might be something to do with it?

That might possibly explain the problem i'm having on my client that doesn't work properly, as I removed ffdshow at some point and my client that does work has powerdvd8 installed for hddvd playback, so i'm assuming it's using that for the h.264 playback. I will check the log.

Well I'm stumped. Everything in my log file looks ok. On 1 client I can view BBC HD, Luxe TV HD and ITV HD all without a problem. On my other client I can watch BBC HD and Luxe TV HD just fine but ITV HD either causes the mp watchdog to kick in the background and make the video go all slow (like 10fps or so) or I just get the 10fps video without the watchdog kicking in. Either way it's only viewable for about 3 seconds before it then slows down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom