United Kingdom United Kingdom

bob808

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2008
    Hampshire
    Home Country
    what codecs are everyone using? with RC3 (no svn) I was able to watch sometimes with coreavc, but not with powerdvd8

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    @DJBlu - do you know if that will work with the standard RCS latest SVN tswriter and tsreader, or are bodges needed to get ITV HD to show with them?

I can't get this channel to work with the SVN TSWriter or my modified version.

I haven't a clue as to what is causing it.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    See my link above. For me it works using the RC3 tswriter, but you need an older tsreader. Also for live tv there seems to be some sort of interaction with what you may have been watching before you switch to ITV-HD. Basically with my system (I have a DVB-S card and a dual tuner DVB-T card), if I watch a DVB-T channel and then switch it does not work. If I watch a DVB-S channel and then switch it works... For me this is not really a problem as I hardly ever watch live tv, and so long as I use the older tsreader, then I seem to be able to record ITV-HD and watch it later.....

Andy

In Reply to bob888,
    It works for me with PDVD8, however see my comments above about needing the older tsreader for recorded programs and also the interaction with what you have been watching before. I think this may all have something to do with the quest to get fast channel switching, by re-using the existing graph....

Andy

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Oddly I can turn on live TV using my dvb-t tuner and happily switch between BBC HD and ITV HD and freeview tuners without a problem. I haven't tried recording anything from ITV HD yet, but have set it to record something tonight to find out.

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    I have my DVB-T tuners set with a higher priority than my DVB-S tuner (to leave the DVB-S tuner free as much as possible). So if I do the following seq...
    BBC1 (DVB-T), ITV-HD(DVB-S)
    then it fails, however
    ITV2+1(DVB-S), ITV-HD(DVB-S) works fine as does...
    BBC1(DVB-T), BBC-HD(DVB-S), ITV-HD(DVB-S)...
    All very strange... Others also seem to have this sort of problem... Which tuners are you using? Mine are both hauppauge devices...

Andy

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    @DJBlu - do you know if that will work with the standard RCS latest SVN tswriter and tsreader, or are bodges needed to get ITV HD to show with them?

I can't get this channel to work with the SVN TSWriter or my modified version.

I haven't a clue as to what is causing it.

DJblu

i have the same issue with your tswriter and ITV HD. rc3 worked perfect

actually i just tried the last svn and it doesn't work either.

so i don't think you had anything to do with it.

i will add a port to the svn thread now

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Good luck BF, when I and others reported problems with ITV-HD and RC3, the feedback was that the ITV-HD "Hack" was not really a supported feature...

Andy

DJBlu

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Llanelli
    Home Country
    I think this is a problem in the TS Reader I'll take a look at it this evening.

Oh and I have a newer version of the TSWriter. One which doesn't require the 2008 dependancies.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Its great to hear that someone is looking into this!

Even if it never makes it into the stable MP, it would be great to be able to just make a custom version of stable MP builds that had ITV HD support ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom