ITV HD not working in MP 1.0.0.0 RC2? (1 Viewer)

chris123

Portal Pro
May 31, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
OK I still can't get ITV-HD working. So here are the details of test I've just tried....
1. I deleted my old ITV-HD channel entry and rescanned the Sat channels. That picked up 10510 happily enough.
2. Renamed the new 10510 as ITV-HD
3. Installed Coreavc and set that as my H264 codec.
4. Set logging level to debug.
5. Ran MP to collect logs
6. Tuned to ITV-HD several times (no picture).
7. Recorded a short period of ITV-HD output.
8. Tried to play the recording.
9. Quit MP.

I've attached my logs. The interesting entry seems to be in MedialPortal.log it shows the player waiting for and not getting any VRM9 video signal. I'm actually using EVR on Vista, but I've also tried VRM9 with the same results. I've saved the short recording but it is 30MB in size so have not uploaded it. Let me know if you want it...

Andy

That looks (with my limited knowledge of how to interpret MP logs) to be the same issue that I am getting with XP SP3.

Hopefully a Dev can have a look at it...?

Cheers

Chris

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Have now tried this with the 25-07-98 svn and seems to have the same problem. Details are over in the svn thread.

pilotedge

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2008
    Home Country
    I also get no picture from ITV HD, but I do get a silent Dobly Digital 2.0 audio stream. However, with Luxe HD I get no picture and a stereo mp2 audio stream!!! All was working fine with RC1, I have re-registered CoreAVC and restarted, but no luck.....

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Same here, no ITV HD.

Which is rather annoying, as I spent most of the day re-configuring and installing RC1 mainly to get it. MP really needs a better upgrade mechanism - having to reconfigure is a pain! :)

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    revs / allanp81,

If your problem(s) are with ITV 2 I think it may be a different issue to the one we are seeing with ITV-HD.

ITV 2 is working fine here - is ITV-HD working for you (most of the time you will just get a black screen with white text 'ITV HD this service is unavailable')? If you have ITV HD working and ITV 2 not working, it might be better to post a new thread with logs from your system.

Hopefully someone can look at these problem(s) soon - whilst there is not much on ITV HD, it would be nice to have - 'Liar, Liar' was on in HD on saturday night and I wouldn't have minded watching it.

Cheers

Chris

pilotedge

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Slightly off topic, but could someone post their HD settings for using CoreAVC and ffdshow audio? I can't get any HD action since upgrading to RC2 :-( I just get mp2 audio. Also has anyone any info on the BBC HD stream? When it was working, Luxe HD played fine but BBC HD was well behind the audio. I've heard rumours that BBC HD is in DVB-S not S2 - if this is true it might be causing my CPU more strain!
    Also do we know that ITV HD is still working the same?? I used to ge the placeholder for it with DVB viewer but I only get a black screen now...

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Slightly off topic, but could someone post their HD settings for using CoreAVC and ffdshow audio? I can't get any HD action since upgrading to RC2 :-( I just get mp2 audio. Also has anyone any info on the BBC HD stream? When it was working, Luxe HD played fine but BBC HD was well behind the audio. I've heard rumours that BBC HD is in DVB-S not S2 - if this is true it might be causing my CPU more strain!
    Also do we know that ITV HD is still working the same?? I used to ge the placeholder for it with DVB viewer but I only get a black screen now...

Sorry, I can't help with CoreAVC or ffdshow settings.

According to:

HDTV channels - KingOfSat

BBC HD, Luxe HD and ITV HD are all currently DVB-S. I read somewhere that you cannot have a mix of DVB-S2 and DVB-S channels on a transponder, so until the HD offering expands there is unlikely to be a switchover to DVB-S2.

According to posters on:

Digital Spy Forums - Entertainment and digital TV news discussion

ITV HD is still available / has not changed with DVBViewer.

When I rolled my system back to MediaPortal rc1, I was able to see the channel again (after an initial confusion when I forgot the updated Tswriter.ax was required for rc1).

Cheers

Chris

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    hah yes I meant ITV HD!

As for codecs for playing BBC HD smoothly - I use PowerDVD and FFDShow for Audio. I found that CoreAVC gavev me audio issues similar to those you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom