ITV HD not working in MP 1.0.0.0 RC2? (1 Viewer)

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry it has taken a while to update.

To confirm

BBC HD - working
    Luxe HD - working
    ITV HD - picture only, no sound (could not test this the other day as nothing was showing!)

Attached are ITV HD settings and TV settings.#I am using coreavc for the h.264 stuff and running version 1.7

So just a codec issue for me then to get the sound working.

Attachments

• itvhd-settings.jpg
      itvhd-settings.jpg
      34 KB
    • settings.jpg
      settings.jpg
      68.4 KB

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    XP + EVR works, XP + VMR9 does not

Well, it definitely seems to be related to VMR9 on my system. I downloaded the ,Net 3 framework and switched to EVR (I am running Windows XP SP3), and it works - I can view ITV HD :)

...Unfortunately with EVR on my system the picture quality is not good, and the frame rate is worse :(

So

MediaPortal RC1 with VMR9 works

MediaPortal RC2 with EVR works

Everything else I have tried (RC2 + VMR9 + CoreAVC, RC2 +VMR9 non exclusive mode) does not work.

Hopefully someone can have a look at it, or suggest a solution - I posted logs earlier in this thread, if there is anything missing or further information required I will gather it.

Cheers

Chris

Ok, so now I think I'm getting closer...

Having seen this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/odd-problem-vmr9-not-working-evr-works-41497/

I double checked the AGP aperture setting on my HTPC, and it was set to 256MB, which I thought was sufficient.

On a hunch, I upped it to 512MB, and now I get the ITV HD placeholder again :D

So it looks like I may have a work around, if anyone else would like to try it?

Cheers

Chris

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Well, now I'm getting further away again :(

Looks like I spoke too soon - it seems the important thing may be the sequence of events. Running with VMR9 and Cyberlink H264 codec, I went through the following sequence:

1. Start MP with SD broadcast (BBC one) - video and audio display correctly.
    2. Switch to ITV HD - fails to display.
    3. Switch to BBC HD - fails to display.
    4. Switch to SD - video and audio display correctly.
    5. Switch to BBC HD - video and audio display correctly.
    6. Switch to ITV HD - video displays correctly (currently no audio being transmitted by ITV HD).
    7. Switch to BBC HD - video and audio display correctly.
    8. Switch to SD - video and audio display correctly.
    9. Switch to ITV HD - fails to display.

Attached log MediaPortalLogs_03_08_08 vmr9.zip shows this. This is repeatable.

I then switched to EVR, and tried:

1. Start MP with SD broadcast (BBC one) - video and audio display correctly.
    2. Switch to ITV HD - fails to display.

Attached log MediaPortalLogs_03_08_08 evr.zip shows this. I am confused about this, because even though running with EVR (and an EVR.log file is generated in place of the VMR9.log file), the log file contains the same error referring to VMR9:

2008-08-03 11:17:25.531250 [Warn.][MPMain]: VMR9: Pin: 0 not connected: 80040209
    2008-08-03 11:17:25.531250 [Warn.][MPMain]: VMR9: Pin: 1 not connected: 80040209
    2008-08-03 11:17:25.531250 [Warn.][MPMain]: VMR9: Pin: 2 not connected: 80040209

I guess this may be the same as GloomyAndy has reported? I also tried this with the CoreAVC codec, which made no difference.

Finally, I went back to VMR9 and got MP to display the ITV HD video correctly, and then did a manual record of it. When I tried to playback the file, it failed to play the file. Attached log MediaPortalLogs_03_08_08 playback.zip shows this. This is also repeatable. It appears to be the same VMR9 error here as it is with live TV. I don't have anywhere to host it (it is approx 6MB), if anyone can suggest somewhere I will upload it.

May be the same as allanp81 has reported?

The only thing I haven't tried is switching to Vista, which seems like a bit too much of a major step (and will bring in a whole raft of new problems). I think I might have to go back to RC1 :(

Cheers

Chris

pilotedge

Portal Pro
    February 19, 2008
    Home Country
    I wonder how many of us installed Vista SP1 specifically to upgrade to RC2 (I know some of us are on XP)? I only ask as I even tried playing an H264 movie just now and that is all over the place... the only change I've made to my system is Vista SP1!! Looking at Google there seem to be numerous threads about problems it has caused with video... mainly it seems with those of us with slightly older hardware.
    Might be eroneous but I thought I'd throw it into the mix!

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    I guess a question I have is does anyone have ITV-HD working on Vista? I had ITV-HD working fine. But I then made the mistake of changing everything! I upgraded my hardware, OS and MP... With my new setup BBC-HD and Luxe HD works fine (as does SD DVB-T and DVB-S), I can play downloaded SD and HD content with no problem. The only issue I have is with ITV-HD and I have no idea what is causing the problem....

Andy

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    I guess a question I have is does anyone have ITV-HD working on Vista? I had ITV-HD working fine. But I then made the mistake of changing everything! I upgraded my hardware, OS and MP... With my new setup BBC-HD and Luxe HD works fine (as does SD DVB-T and DVB-S), I can play downloaded SD and HD content with no problem. The only issue I have is with ITV-HD and I have no idea what is causing the problem....

Andy

Well, I haven't changed anything except MP RC1 to MP RC2 and have the same symptoms as you on Win XP, so I don't think it is a Vista issue.

Could you try rolling back to RC1 (complete uninstall and reinstall) and see if it helps? It works for me.

Cheers

Chris

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    I am using Vista SP1 with RC2. One problem I noticed was that after the upgrade it switch back on VMR9 exclusive mode (which i cannot use as i have a twin screen setup) and I subsiquently turned it back off, so maybe that is something to do with why I can see ITV-HD?

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Chris/gj,
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess I could try rolling back to RC1, but to be honest I've spent so much time getting RC2 clean and working (I had a terrible time getting my splash screen to display RC2, due to a Vista hidden virtual directory that still had some bits of RC1 in it), that I'm not sure I can face doing this, especially with the lack of actual content on ITV-HD!

GJ could you post the configuration that you are using (codecs etc.). Im running Vista SP1 using EVR (I have tried VMR9 and that does not work either). Are you using RC2 or RC2 + SVN?

Andy

PS Does anyone know a way that I could go back to RC1 byt still be able to switch back to RC2 easily (without losing all of my config?). If there is a way to do that I'd be willing to give RC1 another go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom