ITV HD not working in MP 1.0.0.0 RC2? (1 Viewer)

chris123

Portal Pro
May 31, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Does anyone know a way that I could go back to RC1 byt still be able to switch back to RC2 easily (without losing all of my config?). If there is a way to do that I'd be willing to give RC1 another go!

The only way I know is to create a backup image (using Acronis Trueimage or similar).

HTH

Chris

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi,
    I've managed to get this working with (almost) the latest RC2 svn. I finally managed to get some time to look into this and the problem seems to be with TsReader.ax. With the latest RC2 and SVN I get no video displayed no matter what codecs I try. However today I went back to previous versions of TsReader.ax that I had on my system in backups and if I go back the one dated 27-06-2008, then it works! I think this version was from the following build
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/untested-mediaportal-tv-server-1-0-rc1-svn-builds-281/mediaportal-svn-snapshot-06-27-2008-19-25h-revision-19510-rar-41621/ which seems to be the last build before a change to speed up channel switching was made. See
    SourceForge.net Repository - [mediaportal] Log of /trunk/DirectShowFilters/TsReader/source/DeMultiplexer.h
    This change enabled dynamic pin mapping and may be the cause of the problem.

Hope this helps

Andy

PS Does anyone know when there will next be any content on ITV-HD so I can actually test this properly?

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,
    I've managed to get this working with (almost) the latest RC2 svn. I finally managed to get some time to look into this and the problem seems to be with TsReader.ax. With the latest RC2 and SVN I get no video displayed no matter what codecs I try. However today I went back to previous versions of TsReader.ax that I had on my system in backups and if I go back the one dated 27-06-2008, then it works! I think this version was from the following build
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/untested-mediaportal-tv-server-1-0-rc1-svn-builds-281/mediaportal-svn-snapshot-06-27-2008-19-25h-revision-19510-rar-41621/ which seems to be the last build before a change to speed up channel switching was made. See
    SourceForge.net Repository - [mediaportal] Log of /trunk/DirectShowFilters/TsReader/source/DeMultiplexer.h

Hope this helps

Andy

PS Does anyone know when there will next be any content on ITV-HD so I can actually test this properly?

That's interesting - I thought I had rolled back to the 'previously working' TSreader.ax and it made no difference, but perhaps I went wrong somewhere - I will try this on my system and report back. :D

I believe 'The Mummy' is being broadcast on ITV HD at 16:50 on Saturday 9th August. 'Harley Street' Thu 7th August 9pm is also supposed to be on ITV HD.

Cheers

Chris

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Does no-one else have the issue of being to watch live and record, but then not be able to play back the recording?

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Allan,
    No sorry I had no video for either live, or recorded programs. However they could all be related (and be down to how the DirectShow graph is being constructed), I'm not sure if things are built the same way for live and recorded viewing... You might want to try replacing your TSReader.ax with one built on or before the 27-06-08....

Andy

Hi Chris,
    Thanks for the information on ITV-HD showings. I'll try and make sure I do some testing. Where did you find the info by the way?

Andy

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/untested-mediaportal-tv-server-1-0-rc1-svn-builds-281/mediaportal-svn-snapshot-06-27-2008-19-25h-revision-19510-rar-41621/ which seems to be the last build before a change to speed up channel switching was made.

Nice one Andy :D

That seems to have fixed it for me. It was the TSwriter.ax I had tried rolling back, not the reader. I was able to watch (and record) the ITV HD placeholder - I will try and record 'Harley Street' if it is on tonight.

Thanks for the information on ITV-HD showings. I'll try and make sure I do some testing. Where did you find the info by the way?

Not particularly high tech - I got it from this thread:

ITV HD - any idea what's coming up! - Page 8 - Freesat - Digital Spy Forums

ITV don't even advertise it properly on their own website :confused:

Cheers

Chris

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi,

Well Andy, looks like you are spot on :D

I recorded Harley Street on ITV HD, and it recorded fine, all video and audio all present and correct.

Hopefully now someone can fix it....?

Cheers

Chris

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    @ pigboy306 / Psycho Reptile / wonkyd,

Can you (or anyone else who has tried it) confirm if this older tsreader.ax identified by Andy has fixed the ITV HD issues for you?

It has worked for Andy and myself, it would be useful to know how many other people are affected, and if the solution is the same for all.

Cheers

Chris

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom