[Info] jwplayer error 2032 with album player (Solved) (1 Viewer)

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually, that was a bit premature. This is a bug in simplicity, not in WebMP.

If you delete the Skins\Simplicity\Stream\FlashAudioAlbumPlayer.cshtml file and restart WebMP, it should work. Otherwise, try to switch to the default skin, it will work there.

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

If you delete the Skins\Simplicity\Stream\FlashAudioAlbumPlayer.cshtml file and restart WebMP, it should work. Otherwise, try to switch to the default skin, it will work there.

I haven't tried deleting the file, but you're right - with a different skin this works. Thank you!

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel

I haven't tried deleting the file, but you're right - with a different skin this works. Thank you!

Deleting the file actually works, thank you very much! What exactly am I "loosing" by deleting this file? Other skins have this file and they manage to get the album streaming to work together with this file...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You don't lose anything. The problem was that Simplicity ships with an old version of the FlashAudioAlbumPlayer.cshtml file (the version from v0.5.2), which contained a bug. All the other skins ship with the version from v0.5.3, which has that bug fixed.

If a skin doesn't want to customize a particular file (i.e. use the same code as the default skin, which all skins probably do for this file), they can just leave it out to avoid problems like yours when the file in the default skin contained a bug. That is why deleting the file works: WebMP just uses the one from the default skin then, which is the fixed v0.5.4 version. However, I don't think any skins actually make use of this functionality at the moment.

moryoav

Portal Pro
    December 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    You don't lose anything. The problem was that Simplicity ships with an old version of the FlashAudioAlbumPlayer.cshtml file (the version from v0.5.2), which contained a bug. All the other skins ship with the version from v0.5.3, which has that bug fixed.

If a skin doesn't want to customize a particular file (i.e. use the same code as the default skin, which all skins probably do for this file), they can just leave it out to avoid problems like yours when the file in the default skin contained a bug. That is why deleting the file works: WebMP just uses the one from the default skin then, which is the fixed v0.5.4 version. However, I don't think any skins actually make use of this functionality at the moment.

Thanks for the explanation. This works perfectly. I also reported it in the simplicity thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom