Keeping Moving Pictures plugin upto date ?

Discussion in 'StreamedMP' started by craigcurtin, September 11, 2014.

1. craigcurtin

craigcurtin Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Just wondering what the recommended practice is in relation to updating bundled plugins ? In particular Moving Pictures and TV Series ? Is it OK to use the latest as delivered through MPEI or do we sit on the versions as released with each update of StreamedMP ?

I have recently upgraded from MP 1.6 to MP 1.8 and have upgraded from Steamed MP 2.2 to Streamed MP 3 (latest) - i am having some issues and before i bombard the forum with them am wanting to make sure i have done all the troubleshooting through updates etc that is expected.

thanks

regards

Craig

BTW - Streamed MP is absolutely Awesome ! Accidentally put Titan onto a new MP setup the other day and the wife and kids spat it big time !

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ltfearme
    • Premium Supporter

ltfearme Community Plugin Dev

Software Test Engineer
    Ratings:
    +5,385 / 0
    Home Country:
    Australia Australia
    Since I look after StreamedMP, MovingPictures and TVSeries it's generally safe to run the latest release plugins via MPEI. The only condition to this is that you run the latest release of StreamedMP.

If something is not compatible with the latest plugins I'm usually quick to release an update, at worse you miss out on functionality but wont be left with something not working.

• Like Like x 1
  4. craigcurtin

craigcurtin Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Thanks for the quick response ltfearme.

I will put together a new thread with logs etc this evening and post it up so i can get some help with the issue i am having.

regards

Craig

5. Shangostar
    • Premium Supporter

Shangostar MP Donator

Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    and trakt and trailers, lt"finger in all the plugins"fearme

honestly dont know how you find the time along with family/social life, job and then watching all those episodes you have :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!