[confirm] [known bug, not fixed in 1.4 Final] Since 1.4 i could not get MP Back from tray (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, when i click on the tray icon (one or double click) it does not bring MP back to front.

Probably the same problem then. We know about it, so hopefully one of the team can find a solution.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm still getting frequent crashes when i send MP to the tray. It seems to be ok if I put in in the tray for a short time, but if I leave it there for a long time there is a chance of it getting stuck. Will have to post some logs at some stage...

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm still getting frequent crashes when i send MP to the tray. It seems to be ok if I put in in the tray for a short time, but if I leave it there for a long time there is a chance of it getting stuck. Will have to post some logs at some stage...

This is with 1.4.0 final ? Definitely need logs then. The fix was included, so it should be okay. At least, the one problem we knew about was fixed.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The fix for open context menu solved the problem where if the context menu was open you couldn't close to system tray and then restore straight away. But I still have problems where it wont restore (independent of context menu.)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The fix for open context menu solved the problem where if the context menu was open you couldn't close to system tray and then restore straight away. But I still have problems where it wont restore (independent of context menu.)

Can you tell us about the time needed to show up the issue ?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can only say the longer I leave in the tray, the higher the chance of having a problem. The amount of time varies. If I use alt+tab (which is what I've been doing today), I don't seem to experience any problems. This happens on 1.4 Pre (Desktop) and 1.4 Final (HTPC).

Wasn't going to report as bug until I clean my logs and upgrade desktop to 1.4 Final.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I live it running for a while right now 35 minutes and it goes back (by double click on icon next the date/time) :)
    Will see more longer.

Also can you look @ memory usage ? when you minimize / restore (the diff between them) and also does it happen on all windows or a specific one (like TV etc.)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All windows, the other things I can check.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok, I just retry to restore MP and i can do it (2H30 after), i can't reproduce right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom