[confirm] [known bug, not fixed in 1.4 Final] Since 1.4 i could not get MP Back from tray (1 Viewer)

hindsight

Portal Member
February 26, 2011
I have a similiar problem here with v1.5 final. Before i was on 1.3 final and everything worked fine. It seems that sending MP to tray does not work properly anymore (at least for me), instead MP is just minimized.

I always start MP with the option "minimize to tray on start up" and "minimize to tray on GUI exit". With v1.3 (and below) MP startet silently and just the usual tray icon was visible. If i then started to watch TV and closed MP again, TV was running in background and MP was hidden in the tray again (with no taskbar icon).
Now with v1.5 (and for 1.4 it is the same for me) MP starts minimized (with a taskbar icon poping up and the usual tray icon). By clicking on that (taskbar or tray) icon MP maximizes. I can also use Alt+Tab and select the minimized MP window.

What is really annoying for me is when i am watching TV and want to close MP by Alt+F4, MP is muted and minimized and i have no chance to get sound back, when i maximize MP again. So my only chance at this point is to restart MP (or the TV Service) again.
My personal workaround for this is now just to use alt+tab when tv is running and to mute the sound of MP myself.

I have no idea what could be the reason for this behaviour. I tried another skin (Titan), but with the same result...

I am not sure if this is a general problem, but it should be easy to reproduce. Just select the two options "minimize to tray on start up" and "minimize to tray on GUI exit", maximize MP and then try to close it (i.e. by pressing Alt-F4). Was your MP then really sent to tray or just minimized??

Edit: I now realized that i am in the archive section. I used the search and read this thread. So even if it is in the archive section, i hope anyone will read this...

Last edited:

hindsight

Portal Member
February 26, 2011
Since there was no response in any way until now, i decided to try MP 1.6 pre, but i still have the same problem. Therefore i started Mediaportal in debug mode (without plugins!) first with v1.3 and then with v1.6pre (after updating). For both i did the same procedure:

1)Start MP
2)Maximize MP by clicking on the tray icon
3)Pressing Alt+F4
4)Exiting MP by using the tray icon

Between every of those steps i waited 10-20sec, so they should be clearly identifiable in my logs. I appended now the "Mediaportal.log" for both versions, because i think they are most interesting. If you want more just say it...

What else i did?
I tried to reinstall the latest dx9 in safety mode, but nothing changed.

Im clueless right now and i will stay on 1.3 until this is fixed. Otherwise i don't want to miss the progress in MP so please help!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom