Kodi "Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unexpected error occurred." (2 Viewers)

LordBusiness

November 30, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi!

I've successfully installed MP2 server to my windows 7 pc today and was happy with how easily configured it was to identify my TV tuners and scan for channels.

Since then I've been very frustrated by how difficult it has been to get Kodi to play nicely with it! I've installed Kodi on the same box and selected the MediaPortal PVR client and configured it with correct IP and port details to match the config shown in the MP2 server config.

All I get from Kodi is the error "Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unexpected error occurred."

I'm yet to dig into the logfiles (family is now watching tv on that box using media centre) but after trawling through google searches and forum posts I thought I'd post early in case it is something really obvious I have missed.

I'm reasonably confident the client is finding the server because if I change the port details so they don't match on client and server I get a "PVR server stopped communicating" error message instead.

I get the same results attempting to connect to the server from Kodi on another machine running Windows 10 on the same LAN.

Any ideas? If there's no obvious solution I'll post my findings from my review of the logfiles to see what light that sheds on things! :)

Any help would be appreciated!

Mike.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    If you want to use the TV-Server as a PVR backend for Kodi, then use the TV-Server from MP1, instead MP2. The TV-Server included in MP2 is adjusted to use it together with MP2. Both TV-Server versions (MP1 and MP2) have the same features, but the MP2 version is currently made to work only with MP2, where the MP1 version could be used in MP1 and Kodi.
    So, if you are not interested in using MP2 as a client, install MP1 with TV-Server and Kodi should be able to connect to it.

LordBusiness

November 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks aspik - yes I can watch TV inside MP1. I guess I assumed it was MediaPortal who developed the PVR client add-on for Kodi but obviously not! Thanks for the help - I'll track down the author and start over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom