[News] L10n: MediaPortal 2 goes to Transifex.net for translations (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And what need to be done to get MP1 to transifex.
    Either you need to request at Transifex to support your language file format or you use a format, which is already supported.

If you don't want to change the language file format for MediaPortal itself and don't want to touch the code, you have to transform the english (source) language files from MP1 format to the one you use at Transfex every time you send updated strings to Transifex.
    And every time you want update (download) the translations you have to transform them back from Transifex format to your MP1 format.

With MediaPortal 2 we used this way initially to test Transifex and it's features, but we switched our language file format to the Android format.
    This way we don't have to transform anymore.

If it has been decided which format and the transformation file or the mp1 code itself has been written. A project at Transifex has to be created for MP1 and a few scripts have to be added to git. MP2 scripts for pushing and pulling can be an example.

Finally (but only once) and all existing language files needs to be transformed to the Transifex format. The english files needs to be sent to transifex as source files and the other language as translations.

Then you are done :)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sounds like a way to go. Maybe it could be a goal for one of the next MP1 releases to switch to Transifex? Is anyone of the MP1 devs reading this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    I noticed IMDb+ is working, except the popularity is not getting scraped.
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom