Lan Access issues (1 Viewer)

asagala

Portal Pro
December 13, 2008
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi. just installed MPExtended 0.43. everything seems to be working fine on my machine where MP is located ( I used the test links). However when I try to access the test links (http://192.168.1.100:4322/MPExtended/MediaAccessService/json/GetServiceDescription) from another machine on my network it timeouts.

Did a netstat -na and I see that the port 4322 is open on 0.0.0.0 so the service is listening.

Any ideas?

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi. just installed MPExtended 0.43. everything seems to be working fine on my machine where MP is located ( I used the test links). However when I try to access the test links (http://192.168.1.100:4322/MPExtended/MediaAccessService/json/GetServiceDescription) from another machine on my network it timeouts.

Did a netstat -na and I see that the port 4322 is open on 0.0.0.0 so the service is listening.

Any ideas?

Have you verified that firewall settings are not preventing connection to the service from an external machine? As far as I know, the core MPExtended services (i.e., everything but WebMediaPortal) are implemented on an internal HTTP server independent from IIS, so IIS settings should be out of the questions for this.

Sasha

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This looks like a firewall issue indeed. Do you use Windows firewall or an external firewall (maybe built into your antivirus)?

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This looks like a firewall issue indeed. Do you use Windows firewall or an external firewall (maybe built into your antivirus)?
    Windows 7 firewall. Ill check again tonight. 4322 open for TCP right?

If it still doesn't work after verifying that 4322/TCP is open, as a test, take MPExtended out of the picture. Stop the MPExtended service, and use netcat to listen on the same port. On another machine on your network (e.g., the one you were trying to access MPExtended), try to use netcat as a client to connect to the listening instance on your HTPC. It is a good test, as it bisects the problem space: if the test works, you know the problem is related to MPExtended. If it fails, you know the problem is related to network configuration.

Sasha

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Try this site to see if your port 8080 is open from external adresses
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/
    I had to manually open the port (traffic in and out on my Win 7 MP server), You also need to do portforwarding on your router (the ip adress on your MP server to port 8080 (give the MP server dynamic IP adress).
    Its working great for me

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Windows 7 firewall. Ill check again tonight. 4322 open for TCP right?
    Yes.
    Try this site to see if your port 8080 is open from external adresses
    http://www.canyouseeme.org/
    I had to manually open the port (traffic in and out on my Win 7 MP server), You also need to do portforwarding on your router (the ip adress on your MP server to port 8080 (give the MP server dynamic IP adress).
    Its working great for me
    8080 is only for WebMP, while this thread is about the service.

asagala

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2008
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Firewall issue. Must of created the firewall rule wrong. Weak....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom