Last.fm - personalized radio streams in MediaPortal! (2 Viewers)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    THere is a problem with the blue two skin in the latest SVN :

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you're using MePo NOT B2. Maybe he forgot about changing the fadelabels - could also lead to issues with Now Playing..

P.S.: Please use pastebin.team-mediaportal.com since it is alot faster ;)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, RTV Mepo updated the skin so it works again :p thx for the great support

I got a question

sometimes, MP for some reason cant connect to Last.fm for example:

2006-12-06 19:47:50.421875 [ERROR][12]: AudioscrobblerBase.GetResponse: HttpWebRequest.GetResponse: Unable to connect to the remote server

the problem is that the wait cursor keeps spinning and never goes away :(

could u make the stop button quite the plugins request and just stop everything it's doing, so the wait cursor goes away

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    oh, indeed that shouldn't happen even if last.fm is not reachable. I'll sort that one out ;-)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thx for the quick response

I found one more bug, when playing last.fm, switching to home and then to music to just browse music, not play stops the last.fm radio stream

dipunm

Portal Pro
    August 6, 2006
    feature request

LOVE THIS PLUGIN!!!!!!

but theres just 1 thing i miss, the is it possible to add the option to type in an artist and then play similar artists?... for as much as ive seen, i cant see an option for this... mayb im blind... well, ill find out soon enuff

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found one more bug, when playing last.fm, switching to music to j stops the last.fm radio stream
    This is intended and even coded to circumvent a bug BASS has introduced earlier. I'll check if this is needed any longer.

is it possible to add the option to type in an artist and then play similar artists?
    This will be able in future releases - until now I've been waiting for support of some design team members to add a more comfortable gui control for stream selection.
    I think I'll just fire up that ugly On-Screen-Keyboard like MyMusicVideos does...

Johnny-D

Portal Member
    August 11, 2006
    RTV, fantastic plugin, this is exactly the functionality I've always wanted out of a Media Center.

But of course I'm posting for a reason- when I right-click within the plugin first time, the correct context menu pops up (Love, Ban, Skip etc) but if I hit escape, and then right click again I get kicked back to the plugins menu (My Tetris, My Sudoku etc) and can never get the context menu back- left clicking kicks me back as well.

Also I can't see a way to tag songs as they're playing within MP. Or any way to free-text search by artist for a 'personal station' (i.e. the functionality offered by this page- http://www.last.fm/listen/ )

All minor faults, and workaround-able. Even so, I think this is in the running for best MP functionality- plugin or core!!

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it very difficult to implement an option to have the ability to select a Usergroup-radiostreams I'm subscribed to in Last.FM, besides the MediaPortal usergroup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom