Last.fm - personalized radio streams in MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The latest BASS changes temporarily broke the plugin in svn - it's fixed now ;)

sebrock

September 14, 2006
    Just downloaded 0.2.2.0 and it's great, although somewhat buggy I think. :confused:

Anyway, I dont get surround with last.fm. Is this due to the fact that the stream is not surround? I do not get surround using the BASS player either. Might be the same reason. Internal Dshow Player works great though. I only get the usual front and sub, no back at all. Strange...

Any ideas?

Edit: By the way, last.fm plugin uses only the BASS engine, I see I get visualizations aswell... then it narrows down to just one problem :) getting surround with BASS player. I got Realtek HD Audio.

thechad

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2005
    Geelong, Australia
    Home Country
    I also have the same issue as sebrok in which the DirectShow player gives me front left and right and sub where bass player gives just front left and right (sounds terrible).

Is there a post processing effects plugin for the bass engine that would solve this issue? I have had a look but am a little lost.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There's a thread about this issue. Although I wouldn't have believed there are so many people who must use software surround.

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've got a couple of enhancement requests for this plugin....

For some reason the plugin lost its configuration settings. I noticed something was wrong when I entered the plugin, and it would not log in to last.fm, the spinning circle thingy just kept spinning. Even leaving the plugin it would stay there on the screen, spinning until I closed MP. I eventually found that it had lost my password and all the other settings except my username. Re-entered and it was fine.

However, it would be nice if there was a timeout of sorts when connecting to the last.fm service.

Another thing I would like to see is a volume leveling feature. Different tunes from the service vary greatly in volume, some are quite loud, others very, very quiet. I find myself reaching for the volume control quite often.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another thing I would like to see is a volume leveling feature. Different tunes from the service vary greatly in volume, some are quite loud, others very, very quiet. I find myself reaching for the volume control quite often.

I guess that should be a feature of the audioplayer being used, instead of the plugin itself.

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There seem to be a problem with getting logged out of last.fm over time. When I enter this plugin after starting MP, it seem to go through a login procedure, and everything works great, I can play music for hours and hours. However, when I leave the plugin and do other things, and returning to the plugin at some later time and try to start playing a stream, it only plays a short 1 second burst, then stops playing. I have to restart MP to clear this up.

I leave MP running all the time, day in, day out. I think the plugin needs to log in again every time you enter the plugin (as long as no streaming is actually being performed from last.fm at the time). This way it will also pick up any changes made to the last.fm web site.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'll look into the "idle timeouts" maybe they've changed the session's timeout - no problem ;)
    Meanwhile you could try if submitting a "normal" music track is a workaround.

pbb thank you! Now we just need a little usage guide *hint* ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom