Last.fm - personalized radio streams in MediaPortal! (1 Viewer)

sonline

Portal Member
March 11, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi,

i like the last.fm plugin very much. but i have a small (cosmetic) problem i cannot solve alone:

i've two computer: one to try everything new in mp (windows xp on it) and my htpc (vista home premium), where all tested stuff is installed at. on my test-pc the last.fm plugin downloads all pictures for the artists, on my htpc only pictures created of my database are shown.
Has anyone any idea how to solve this problem?

thank a lot

steffi

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi,

i like the last.fm plugin very much. but i have a small (cosmetic) problem i cannot solve alone:

i've two computer: one to try everything new in mp (windows xp on it) and my htpc (vista home premium), where all tested stuff is installed at. on my test-pc the last.fm plugin downloads all pictures for the artists, on my htpc only pictures created of my database are shown.
    Has anyone any idea how to solve this problem?

thank a lot

steffi

The "do not download artist art" options in the Music section do not only apply for Now Playing but also for the last.fm plugin. Please make sure none of them is checked.
    In addition the MediaPortal.log should indicate why covers aren't downloaded ;)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Not sure if I'm just being a little blonde today, but it would be great if this thread had an updated 1st post in it that has current information about last.fm. It's the 1st thread in the section but there's no link to the plugin download page or anything related to current status. I don't really want to read through 20 pages of evolution, bug testing, problem solving etc. to figure out the basics.

I'll have a look at the other threads here to see if there's one compact message that has things like

- current version
    - what's changed in current version
    - download link
    - link to instructions for us blondes!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if I'm just being a little blonde today, but it would be great if this thread had an updated 1st post in it that has current information about last.fm. It's the 1st thread in the section but there's no link to the plugin download page or anything related to current status. I don't really want to read through 20 pages of evolution, bug testing, problem solving etc. to figure out the basics.

I'll have a look at the other threads here to see if there's one compact message that has things like

- current version
    - what's changed in current version
    - download link
    - link to instructions for us blondes!

You're right about that. I'll update the post soon.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Argh - I;'ve udated to the latest STreamedMP skin and it's lost all my previous menu settings. But now I can't even find things like last.fm. I suspect that updating StreamedMP has deleted the old skin directory or something..,

Anyway, where the heck is the last.fm plugin? I searched the plugins sevtion of the website for "last.fm" and I get a half-dozen hits, none of which are last.fm.

There's no thread in this forum section that indicates where to find it.

Somehow even though I had it before, I don't have it now and it's really frustrating trying to locate it now that I've completed mucked up the htpc in the living room and the family can't use anything. What started as what I thought was a simpl update to the latest StreamedMP is rapidly turning to hell...

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    What do you mean by 'I don't have it'? Is it still there in the MP configuration pane? The plugin is included in the MP setup..

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all :)

One question: How can i use my remote controller to enter chars p.e. to tag an artist or genre?

The plugin config has an option to switch the common virtual keyboard to SMS input style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom