Latest Intel HD4600 Drivers Issue (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have had issues with H.264 DVB-T *.ts files playback recently. Have traced to Intel's latest HD4600 drivers. The following was happening:

-when attempting to play any *.ts files, from within MP, it would crash, after about 4 seconds, & restart -EVERYTIME.
    -trying to payback same files using MPC-HC, would play with audio, but no video.

After reinstalling an earlier version of Intel's drivers -win64_15.40.42.5063.exe, the system would operate correctly.

I have attached the logs in case anyone is interested in following up.

PS. there is also possibility the issues I was having to system not hibernating, as set in 'Power Options', is related.

PPS. if this is not in the appropriate area, please relocate it.

Attachments

• SysInfo.jpg
      SysInfo.jpg
      223.9 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_02_02_20__13_57_Basic Logs.zip
      395.3 KB
    • MediaPortalLogs_02_02_20__13_58_Full Plugins.zip
      436.4 KB

FManzi

February 15, 2014
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I am running MediaPortal 1.25 on a Lenovo T440p with Intel HD 4600 Graphics.

After the latest Lenovo Intel Graphics update v20.19.15.5126, I now have this issue as well.
    Media Portal will crash and restart after attempting to play a recorded H.264 DVB-T *.ts file.

Un-installing the latest Intel Graphics driver update fixes the issue.

windykiwis

Portal Member
    February 18, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have the same issue running an HP SFF PC with the Intel HD 4600 Graphics. I have to constantly reinstall the old driver. I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and have disabled hardware updates in the Windows Update option, but it still does it. I suspect its the Intel Graphics HD app that installs with the driver, however if you uninstall the app it uninstalls the driver as well. Very frustrating!

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I suspect its the Intel Graphics HD app that installs with the driver, however if you uninstall the app it uninstalls the driver as well.
    I don't have any experience of Intel graphics, but presumably the Intel app is one of those that starts when the system boots, and runs in the background all of the time. If you don't need to change any display settings, could you not disable the auto startup?

On my Windows XP system, the following EXE displays the "MSConfig" tool where you can choose what to autostart, and what to disable:

"c:\windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe"

I don't know whether this still exists in your more-recent version of Windows, or whether there is some other way of stopping apps autostarting. :confused:

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the advice from @CyberSimian also check out "Scheduled Tasks" Apple and Adobe both use this method for updates so maybe Intel.
    "MSConfig" is still available on Win 10 but you can now use the "Start Up Tab in Task Manager to disable and enable programs that start with Windows.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    "MSConfig" is still available on Win 10 but you can now use the "Start Up Tab in Task Manager to disable and enable programs that start with Windows.
    I just looked at my Windows 7 HTPC to see if it had "MSConfig". I did find a copy in an obscure folder, but when I tried to run it, it terminated unexpectedly. :eek: :cry:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just looked at my Windows 7 HTPC to see if it had "MSConfig". I did find a copy in an obscure folder, but when I tried to run it, it terminated unexpectedly. :eek: :cry:

Still OK in Win 10 Pro x64, see attached screenshot, though it looks like Task Manager is the preferred method, the other tabs look to be as ever though!:)

Attachments

• msconfig.jpg
      msconfig.jpg
      77.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom