[solved] Latest Media Handler - Skin settings - Custom latests items number (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In thinking about this, it occurred to me that there is another value that might be useful to a skin author. @catavolt 's design for "DefaultWideHD" displays the names of the channels that are currently recording. But that requires space on the panel. If space is unavailable, a shorter representation would be to show the number of currently-active recordings. In fact, the skin could position this number within the red dot itself, in place of the "rec" or "R" that some skins use (although it would probably be easier to position this number adjacent to the red dot).

Perhaps LMH already provides a "count" variable that supplies this value? But if it does not, could one be added? Something like the following (note that there is no numeric suffix to "active"):

#latestMediaHandler.tvrecordings.active.count

This variable contains the number of currently-active recordings, which would often be less than the LMH limit on the number of active recordings (e.g. limit=4, active=2). I don't know how LMH queries "TV Server" to get the information about active recordings, but I guess that it might even be possible for the active count to be greater than the LMH limit (but I don't think that that matters):

active_count=GetNumberOfActiveRecordings();
    for (index=0; index<min(active_count,limit); index++)
    { info[index]=GetRecordingInfo[index]; }

Finally, it might be appropriate to add equivalent count variables for the other info provided by LMH (videos, music, etc.), but I don't know enough about those areas to make a judgement.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Count for All TVRecording or in Latests ie 0..Max?
    And for what type? Latests, Active, Shedulled?

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    For TVRecording.Active and TVRecording.Sheduled - no problem, as for All and for in 0..max :)
    For Latests need time...

--

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    For what type of LMH properties?
    Active?
    Sheduled?
    Latests?
    IMHO for Active and Sheduled - It would be logical, I will add today.

--

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Default value for Count property - 0 or Empty string?

--

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Count for All TVRecording or in Latests ie 0..Max?
    If the LMH limit is (say) 4, but there are 6 active recordings, I don't think that there is a problem with the active-count displaying "6", while "DefaultWideHD" displays only 4 channel names. So the active-count would always be accurate, but the list of channel names would show only up to the LMH limit.

Alternatively, I would not be outraged if the active count was the lesser of the true active count and the LMH limit. This really depends on how LMH gets this information from "TV Server". Possibly LMH cannot get the true active count?

And for what type? Latests, Active, Shedulled?
    For the red dot, it is the active count that is important. But there may be a use for counts for the others too. There is virtue in being consistent across all categories: if we provide the count for active, then do the same for latest and scheduled. I am hoping that this is a relatively trivial change, so we might as well do all categories. :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I can't even imagine why this information is for music or video or pictures. everything is stable there and ranges from 0 to the maximum.

--

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom