[solved] Latests Media Handler - Skinning an updating window or control (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If LMH can help you with something, I can try adding property updates to another event (I just don’t know which one) or add additional properties.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Strangely, #latestMediaHandler.tvrecordings.active[1,2,3,4] properties were updated before
    :confused: But @catavolt 's changes to "DefaultWideHD" did not exhibit this. Still, it works now!

You mentioned in the other thread that you could increase the number of values provided (i.e. more than 4 for each category). Is this possible without introducing undesirable side effects? Each skin author can still choose to show fewer than the number active (e.g. due to space limitations), so a larger limit does not curtail the skin author's freedom to design the MP panels as he wants.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Not quite - as the OSDs are loaded only once when starting Live TV/video, so they aren´t actualized until you leave full screen Live TV /video, return to BasicHome and then enter LiveTV/video again ;)
    I tested this 10 minutes ago. I started watching live TV with no current recording. As expected, no red dots were visible. A scheduled recording started several minutes later, and the red dots then appeared on the pause, info, and zap OSDs. :confused: All of this without stopping live TV.

Hmm, perhaps I had better test this again. :unsure:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, I didn´t try with scheduled recordings, just startet a recording of current live tv channel via context menu - there nothing happenend :confused:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    you could increase the number of values provided (i.e. more than 4 for each category)
    I can, but I need to know what a logical limit ... What?
    Each skin author can still choose to show fewer than the number active (e.g. due to space limitations), so a larger limit does not curtail the skin author's freedom to design the MP panels as he wants.
    Why not take advantage of the facade control? It can show 10 items.?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I can, but I need to know what a logical limit ... What? Why not take advantage of the facade control? It can show 10 items.?
    I will have to study what a facade control does.:confused:

Since MP can record multiple channels even from a single tuner, the physical limit would be the number of concurrent recordings that it is possible to make without the disk(s) dropping data due to an inability to respond quickly enough. This would depend on the speed of the PC, the speed of the disk (HDD or SSD), the number of disks used for recordings (different tuners can record to different disks), and whether the channels are SD or HD. So, taking all that into account... 10 seems like a reasonable upper limit. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom