[solved] LAV help needed! (3 Viewers)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I could be wrong but i think Win10's 'Films and TV' is using its own internal MS Codecs.

Almost certainly, and they will be Media Foundation ones, not DirectShow.

Kotik's MPC-HC test is a good idea, also your second GraphStudio picture has a VMR9 renderer in it, not EVR.

mikeharris

Portal Member
    August 6, 2012
    Home Country
    --- Post updated ---
    I could be wrong but i think Win10's 'Films and TV' is using its own internal MS Codecs.

Almost certainly, and they will be Media Foundation ones, not DirectShow.

Kotik's MPC-HC test is a good idea, also your second GraphStudio picture has a VMR9 renderer in it, not EVR.

The first picture was the remote connection to MP and the second was after opening the file directly with GraphStudioNext
    --- Post updated ---
    I configured MPC-HC 32 bit as suggested and it seems to work OK.

As my 100% cpu issue appears to be connected with changing between file types, I repeatedly tried playing one type after another.
    This worked with no problems.

mikeharris

Portal Member
    August 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Does anybody have any more ideas - or should I give up with MP to play 10bit vids?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Clutching at straws here, but you could try disabling the dynamic refresh rate changer.

Please also try testing with an 8 bit video instead of live TV, and actually stop the video before changing to the next one.

If neither of those suggestions work, please provide new log files. To be clear, I'm expecting the log files will show your 10b -> 8b -> 10b:
    • video test (ie. not live TV)
    • with stopping after each video
    • using EVR not VMR9 (refer to Owlsroost's earlier comment)
    • IFC disabled
    • DRRC disabled

mikeharris

Portal Member
    August 6, 2012
    Home Country
    OK, IFC disabled, DRRC unticked and the result is;
    play 10b = 100%cpu, stop, play 8b, plays ok, stop, play 10b 100% cpu, kill Mediaportal process

Notice that when playing 8b cpu recovers from 100% to normal and back to 100% when 10b played...
    upload_2016-8-3_16-7-31.png upload_2016-8-3_16-14-53.png upload_2016-8-3_16-17-44.png

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Mike:

Please can you play a 10 bit file in MP, open the graph remotely (as per your picture above) and then open the filter properties of LAV Video decoder (double click on it in GraphStudio). Go to the 'output' tab and do a screen cap of the window (after expanding it to show everything). Then do the same after building the same graph in GraphStudio (assuming it works using hardware acceleration there, so it's less than 100% CPU).

You can do the same thing in MPC-HC (Play -> filters -> LAV Video Decoder -> Pin info -> [OUT] (copy the text it spews out into a text file))

Attach the screen caps and MPC-HC info - I'm interested in seeing if there are any pin connection differences (media types/subtypes/colour spaces etc.) between MP and the other situations.

It might be useful if you repeated the above using an 8-bit file for comparison as well.

mikeharris

Portal Member
    August 6, 2012
    Home Country
    10 bit first.
    The first print opening remotely when Mediaportal at 100% cpu
    upload_2016-8-4_14-29-17.png upload_2016-8-4_14-32-25.png

The next built graph plays correctly with hardware acceleration
    upload_2016-8-4_14-41-44.png upload_2016-8-4_14-44-20.png

also uploaded MPC-HC.INFO.txt plays correctly with hardware acceleration

Mike

Attachments

• MPC-HC.INFO.txt
      41.8 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    That info confirms that when played in MP, it's not negotiating DXVA for 10-bit HEVC files ("biCompression: P010" instead of "biCompression: dxva" in the BITMAPINFOHEADER section), so that explains the 100% CPU....

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Does anyone have a debug build of LAV 68.1 (32-bit) filters available (or could build them) ?

I think we need the LAV logs from a debug build to work out why the 10-bit DXVA connection is failing/not being attempted in the MP environment.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Mike, can you please provide a screenshot of your LAV video codec settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom