LAV - Intel quick sync (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've also checked that and at my setup it's only Servus TV as well where the LAVF is being taken...
    I think I will email the dev of LAVF and maybe this problem is known or at least it will then be known...
    Thanks for your help so far. (y)

PrivotSponge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2009
    BaWü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It´s good that you are in contact with the lav programmer! Cause i think it is the best codec! i hope on my new system there will be no problems.
    It will be delivered on friday ! ..... yeah!

m0t0k0

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2010
    Bicester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I had loads of problems with different codes when I wanted to switch to LAV. But I reinstalled Windows & and then only installed LAV and then everything worked fine. I have a i3 2100 and use intel quick sync

I then had problems trying to get FFDshow to post process my audio and it would always fall out of my graph but the latest alpha release fixed that unfortunately my system is not really stable any more so its probably not a good fix!

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I installed LAV right after a fresh install as well and I think it had worked at this time but I'm not sure about this.
    Since then I only installed never versions of lav but nothing else. Might be that this was enough to interfere
    and cause this problem....

tachtevrenidis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a corei5 with intel HD3000 and have the LAV filter with QuickSync turned on. What I noticed when I turned QS on is that tuning a channel is a little slower (maybe an extra 2-3 secs). Has anybody else noticed something similar? I used hdhomerun as my tuner btw.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Gunna necro this thread!

I'm running a haswell hd4000 with quicksync hardware deinterlacing using the LAV codec.

All good here.. Can't tell the difference from CUVID.

Golfimbul

Portal Member
    June 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Gunna necro this thread!

I'm running a haswell hd4000 with quicksync hardware deinterlacing using the LAV codec.

All good here.. Can't tell the difference from CUVID.

I just fired up a haswell HD4000 last night too and I haven't had any issues. Live TV, full quality bluray rips (MKV format) and everything in between. I got an ASRock H87M board with an i3 - 4130T. Can't see any difference between this and my Zotac GT 640 so I'll leave it out of the HTPC

spitjo

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Udine
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry if i revive such an old thread but it seems the right place for my issue...
    I have a HD4600 (core i5 4th gen) latest driver from intel website on Windows 10, if i enable IQS in LAV video decoder this introduce a big instability in my whole setup. I end up with mediaportal freezing when going back from fullscreen video to the menus or often during channel change; i can hear audio when pressing buttons on my remote but the whole UI stay freezed or on a black screen and i am forced to restart mediaportal.
    Using DXVA2 (native) i have no issues but a slightly higher cpu usage. Any hint?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom