LAV - Intel quick sync (1 Viewer)

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was pretty excited about what I read in the thread you've posted and did as described.
    Despite finding a new bios version which had changes concerning the igpu nothing really
    had changed about my problem and there was no newer graphics driver either.
    I guess it's about the right choice of the codecs and that's what I am doing right now -
    figuring out what type and combination of hardware acceleration gives the best result.
    Seems as two displays is just a little too much for an integrated gpu at least with my setup...

On my latest test I had the best results with the lav video codec for sd & hd with dxva enabled.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i love hardware, it produces so many small variations for different setups, that even such a technically small thing as a codec can be screwed up by it, glad dxva works for you, wonder if the fact your igpu is HD2000 not the 3000 version why no update.!!

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well I had set up my system new only some days before so the installed driver was the most current I could get,
    even with an older bios version.

Edit: I've seen that there is a previous driver version available which contains vbios files.
    Maybe I have to install this driver first and then update to the most current one again?!

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did some testing with all the different codecs today which reveiled that using the ms codec
    brings the best picture with the least cpu consumption.
    But I found out something about the LAV with Intel quick sync where I don't know what that means.
    In the lav configuration at "active decoder" it always says "inactive" regardless if there is a movie playing or not.
    Does that mean iqs is not being used? I mean I can choose it and it's being displayed as available...

PrivotSponge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2009
    BaWü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi RicoHTPC,

it must say "active" if not, iqs doesn´t work!

On my notebook (i3-2310m hd3000 + gt 520m) the cpu load ist only at 10-15% when playing a large 1080p film. (GPU load is only on the hd 3000, not on the gt520m)

DVXA and CUVID uses much more cpu load.
    I use LAV 0.50.2 and the intel driver from the link above.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does Quicksync work with your HD2000 graphics, I have not yet found anything about older i3's, only that the 3rd generation chips work with it.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I looked it up on the intel page where they say that quick sync works with 2nd generation core i3 cpu's...
    Furthermore it says in the lav configuration cuvid not available (of course - i don't have a nvidia card)
    but it says available when I choose iqs....

Last edited:

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Trying to get iqs working I installed this yesterday: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/vcsource-tools-media-sdk/
    but without success. Interesting was that I could choose new codecs having the above installed.
    Unfortunately mp crashed when using them and I had to uninstall it completely because it seemed to
    affect the other codecs even when not selected...
    Don't know what to do else...

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a way to update the quick sync part of the lav filter pack? Because recently there were quite some changes in the
    intel quick sync hardware acceleration and I don't want to install ffdshow which has always the latest builds of iqs.

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again,

while troubleshooting a stutter problem, I spotted (almost by coincidence) that with LAV selected
    for HD TV it is not displayed when pressing Shift+1.
    Thus meaning that it's not being used at all and the MS Codec is instead.
    Could anyone please check this?
    Any other part of LAV is being used without problems (audio, video for SD TV) but the HD TV part is not...

Cheers,

Rico

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom