LCD plugin supporting more than 70 display types (now with full graphics support!!!) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    @Guest (The one with the T6963C display) :wink:

I will check whether I can find some info on how to program that display, but I will only be able to put text on it, not graphics.

My plugin is not designed to show menu's or anything. It is ment only to display status information about MP is doing...

Another problem is that I won't be able to test what I write. So IF I'm going to put time in it, I expect your help to do the testing.

cedriclocqueneux

Portal Pro
    March 14, 2005
    Chalons en Champagne (France)
    Argh ! I have a big problem: when i tried your plugin few days ago on my LC03V, all works fine !
    But because of lots of problem on my pc, i have format all and reinstall the system, with only what i really need.
    I have installed the port95nt.exe for the VFD, MP, and your plugin, with the correct parameter, but my VFD is dead, no message on it ! And it is not a problem of the bios or driver, because it works fine with LCDSmarties :cry:
    I'm crazy, because your plugin is really great, and we have the same case, it must work in mine too ! :?
    I dont' see what i have forgot... I'll try your plugin with LCDSmarties if i can't make work it normaly... :oops:

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    My plugin doesn't need port95nt.exe, although that shouldn't be the problem.

Did you install the latest version of my plugin? Check if the following files are in the right folders:

• MediaPortal\plugins\process\ProcessPlugins.dll (139264 bytes dated 23/3/2005)
      MediaPortal\Configuration.exe.config
      MediaPortal\inpout32.dll

Then try the following:

• Delete the existing ExternalDisplay.xml file from the MP folder (where MediaPortal.exe is located)
      Run the MP Configuration tool.
      Enable my plugin (<--- maybe you forgot this)
      Choose the correct settings in the setup screen (Type HD44780, port 0x378)
      Press OK to leave the setup screen
      Press OK to leave the configuration tool.
      Check whether a new ExternalDisplay.xml file was written.
      Shutdown LCDSmartie (if it's running)

Then start MP again.

Mac500

Portal Member
    January 10, 2005
    Sweden
    I got my LCD to work... then I restarted MP, and the It stopped work again.
    Then I opened and closed the config program to check that the plugin was activated several times and suddenly It work again...until I opened the config program again..restarted MP.... then it stopped work again... :cry:

And when it worked the first time the second line was gone. The second time I got it to work the second line was ther until I had TV in fullscreen and changed channel......

And when I open the config program it doesnt complain about dll's, but som other strange things....

Hede

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    @ JoeDalton:

The plugin doesn't output anything after MP wakes up from hibernate. But it's probably MP that needs to re-initialize the plugins.

I sometimes have the problem that MP wakes up from hibernation to a black screen. It doesn't happen all the time though. Seems lik MP should redraw the display/initialize after hibernation.

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Yes I noticed that too.
    I haven't found a solution for that. I need some support from the MP developers for that...

arnaudcoco

Portal Member
    March 23, 2005
    Rouen, France
    JoeDalton said:
    @arnaudcoco (or any other T6963C owner)

I created a little test program for T6963C displays.
    Can you run it please, and tell me if it works?

If everything works OK than I can implement the T6963C display in my plugin.

You can download it here:
    http://users.skynet.be/fa303665/T6963CTest.zip

Hello
    It's so good, he works great!!!!! :D :D :D :D
    The text mode and the graphic mode works!
    But the position don't work.
    Good job!
    Thanks
    Arnaud

PS: You speak French? It's too easy for me!

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm happy it works :lol: :lol: :lol:

But without the positioning I cannot add your display to the plugin, so we'll have to work on that.

I sent you a private message with my MSN address, so we can discuss/try some things faster.

I do understand French. I can write it too, but it's nearly 5 years now since I last spoke/wrote French (my mothertongue is Dutch). But this is an English forum, so I want to continue in English here.

**EDIT**
    I uploaded an updated version of the T6963C Test program.
    Can you check whether the position works now?
    **/EDIT**

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom