LCD2USB - can it be used with MP anyhow? (1 Viewer)

icerg

Portal Member
March 20, 2009
Liverpool
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi tototatatiti

Thanks for quick reply, I am using the latest = MP 1.1.0 RC5 on Windows 7 (32bit). Are you using the LCD Smarrtie plugin?

tototatatiti

Portal Member
February 28, 2008
Hi,
yes i'm using the plugin :

-put LCD2USB.dll in directory "Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\LCDDrivers"
-launch "MediaPortal configuration"
-go to plugins
-enable Minidisplay
-enter Minidisplay configuration
-then select "LCDHype 04_22_2008 LCD2USB Display DLL V0.01
-Choose USB port, number of columns, rows...

Enjoy:)

icerg

Portal Member
March 20, 2009
Liverpool
Home Country
Thats the first thing i tried, dont know if im doing it wrong though, in minidisplay config i get LCDHype 04_22_2008 LCD2USB (disabled)

Ok just realised i need to have the libusb-win32 installed - doh! will try it later

Still having problems, in MP config minidisplay, the device is showing up correctly now, but get no response from MP to display.
is there anything else i need to do? do i still have to have lcd smartie running or just lcd2usb on its own? I can change the display
using the sure lcd software that came with the display thats about it.

tototatatiti

Portal Member
February 28, 2008
Hi,

You don't need lcdsmartie software.
Just install the device driver when windows need it.

In LCD2USB plugin, take care about "brightness" and "contrast".
First time i used the plugin, i didn't seen something on the display until i modify brightness and contrast.

Regards
;)

Anjin

Portal Pro
March 28, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for the lcd2usb dll.

I suggest this file be placed in the main repository so it is easier to find, or even included in a later MP distribution.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi!

I just made LCD2USB device and rewrote original LCD-Smartie plugin for work with LCDHype.
    And now Mediaportal can use this display, because Minisplay plugin works with LCDHype display plugins.

:D a lot for your work.

I added your DLL to svn26230.

Simone

icerg

Portal Member
    March 20, 2009
    Liverpool
    Home Country
    I am still having problems with this display, any help would be appreciated, I have installed the Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge drivers. Copied the lcd2usb.dll file into the
    Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\LCDDrivers folder. Configured minidisplay - lcd2usb shows up as disabled. Is there anything else to be done?

RAM

October 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    Hi!

I just made LCD2USB device and rewrote original LCD-Smartie plugin for work with LCDHype.
    And now Mediaportal can use this display, because Minisplay plugin works with LCDHype display plugins.

Put lcd2usb.dll in \program files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process\LCDDrivers\

PS: Buttons in lcd2usb device is not working, because i don't know how LCDHype works with buttons on LCD module

Thank you :D. The assembly works fine, but there is no support for Cyrillic :confused:.

Mickey2Eyes

Portal Pro
    December 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    since a long time I am looking for the possibility to use a display for my htpc.
    As I read often it is not realy easy and stable. Now i saw this thread.
    My question, is this lcd2usb able to control any lcd which works with the software lcdHype?
    For example this one?
    Targa / Futaba MDM166A USB VFD Grafik Display
    On german ebay, the seller writes, that it works with lcdHype, will it also work with the MiniDisplay Plugin and lcd2usb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom