LCDSmartie plugin (2 Viewers)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I'm actually finding the LCDhype plugin more of a challenge at the moment. LCDHype doesn't support .NET, so I'm trying at the moment to talk to MP via a COM interface to the ECP2 plugin (for those that are interesting in the programming aspect)

This is proving to be difficult to resolve, so it might be a while before I've got anything for you to try.

Allen

A

Anonymous

Hello Allen,

any success with your LCDHype-plugin??? I hope you don´t cancel it, because the ExternalDisplay-Plugin from JoeDalton won´t work with Samsung KS0108. It´s strange but LCDHype works great.

Do you need a Beta-Tester for your LCDHype-plugin??

Greets

Michael

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I've not given up, but I've not had much time to look at it recently. I'm having some problems getting LCDHype to communicate with MP, but I'll try and figure something out.

Allen

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I'm afraid it's not good news at the moment. I've been very busy and haven't found any time to look at the code. I will definitely try and have another look today, but please keep checking back and reminding me. My memory isn't my best point :)

Allen

Schmidti

Portal Pro
September 21, 2004
Germany
Hi Allen,
the ExternalDisplay-Plugin from JoeDalton supports sending events to Girder. Could this be a solution to pic up the information in LCD-Hype?

Schmidti

Portal Pro
September 21, 2004
Germany
Hi Allen,
last year I was a little bit involved in the developement of a new plugin for LCDHype and the old GotTV (I only got the idea :D ). GotTV sends events to Girder.
Schrauber wrote a new plugin that emulates Girder pick up all the info and send it to LCDHype. I have no idea how they solved it? :(
I think the right contact are ViRuSTriNiTy and Schrauber. Schrauber is also a member of this Forum! Perhaps he can Help.
Attatched is the link to the german LCDHype Forum. I hope you will understand a little bit of the explanations they give. Important words are english. :)

http://lcdhype.mod-extreme.info/lcd...02f41b5993654fbf4902b3acd7&showtopic=443&st=0

Schrauber

Portal Pro
April 22, 2004
Germany
Hi,

I am the developer of the GotTV-Plugin for LCDHype.
GotTV does not have an interface to communicate with other software. It only sends events to Girder.
So, the Idea was, to use this Girder-events.

Therefor I developed a little application, called Data Collector, to receive these events. In case Girder is not running, the application emulates Girder in a simple way. Girder receives messages through a process with class 'GirderClass'. The application is created with the same name. So the messages are send to it.
The other case is, that Girder is running. So, no process can be created with the same name and class. The application installs a Window-Hook. Through the hook the messages are first tranfered to my application.

This is the way, the program receives the messages.

The second part is the plugin itself. It gets the data from the Data Collector application and sends it to LCDhype.

regards
Schrauber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom