Lightpack help! (1 Viewer)

maiky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hello!

I can find a lot of information about different DIY projects etc but nothing about "light pack"

Dont know much about the device i have except for that its a clone of: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/woodenshark/lightpack-ambient-backlight-for-your-displays

The software that was recommended is Prismatik / Ambibox.

The unit connects via USB to the computer, detected as a HID device (Lightpack).

So to the problem, the leds works fine but the CPU usage is to damn high, heh.. playback is so choppy inside of mediaportal.

Any ideas how to fix this? Or how to get my "lightpack" to work with atmowin/atmolight ?

Best regards, maiky

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    If you are on Windows 8 then Ambibox should do it without any performance hit. On Windows 7, the AtmoLight plugin can reduce CPU significantly, but I don't think it works with the lightpack.

maiky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If you are on Windows 8 then Ambibox should do it without any performance hit. On Windows 7, the AtmoLight plugin can reduce CPU significantly, but I don't think it works with the lightpack.

Oh, maby time to install 8 then. :) I tried "play claw" and that did wonders, no dropped frames anymore!

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @maiky

I also received my order of LightPack this week. I'd be interested to hear if the upgrade to Windows 8 worked for you. Or just how you get it up and running.

Sigpi007

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just so I'm clear... PlayClaw is for something different right? Like recording video game play? I don't need it for the Ambibox/LightPack setup?

And you're running this on win7 still, or did you upgrade?

maiky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just so I'm clear... PlayClaw is for something different right? Like recording video game play? I don't need it for the Ambibox/LightPack setup?

No, you actually need PlayClaw + amibibox if you want Lightpack to work under windows 7 + media portal without sluggish playback!

B

BassFan

No, you actually need PlayClaw + amibibox if you want Lightpack to work under windows 7 + media portal without sluggish playback!

Do use that with MP 1.7 Final in the future then Visualization Support will break..
    See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/solved-windows-8-ambibox.124532/#post-1063587

Do not use any Visualization that should not a Problem.

greets

maiky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Installed Win 8.1 now, Amibox works way better! (without having to use playclaw) But now i have a lot of other issues.. (nothing with lightpack thou..) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom