Live and Recorded .TS playback errors (1 Viewer)

HtownWMC

Portal Member
December 13, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am a relatively new MediaPortal user. I was forced to change when Windows Media Center was left out of Windows 10 and I upgraded. The Wiki and forums have been useful helping me get everything setup so I've been succesfully using MP1 for a few months now on two computers with the same settings thanks to the export/import functionality.

One of my computers is fine, but the other has ceased to play all recordings or any live TV. I see the following two errors:
Unable to play: live7-0.tx

Unable to play: *show name*
Video codec: MPEG VIDEO VERSION 2 MAIN@HIGH

I can play the recordings through Windows Media Player with no errors. The only recent changes to the problem PC would be standard updates which would've also been delivered to my functional PC. The main significant setup differences between the two are that the problem PC uses an AMD GPU while the okay uses Nvidia and the problem PC feeds into an AV receiver before going to the TV.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for providing the log files - that's really helpful. (y)

It looks like the problem is entirely confined to the "problem PC". I don't think it has anything to do with the GPU or AV receiver. Rather, I think the computer is missing one of the MediaPortal pre-requisites. To be specific, I think you're missing this:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

MediaPortal requires the 32 bit (x86) version - "vcredist_x86.exe".

Please install that package. If the problem is not solved, let us know.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome John

Thank you for providing the log files - much appreciated. (y)

I think your problem is that you've enabled the "automatic decoder selection" setting shown here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/0_Video_Codecs

There's a reason why that setting comes with a warning. ;)
    I recommend you disable that setting. If the error doesn't go away then please provide fresh log files.

Regards,
    mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, interesting. It's like MP is having trouble accessing the file or something... but the file is on a local HDD so that seems very unlikely. Perhaps there's an issue with the splitter, pointing to issues with the LAV codec package installation.

What is the source/origin of the file?
    Is the file really an MPG/MPEG file (ie. MPEG 2 program stream)? If it's really a TV recording I'd have expected it to be a TS file (ie. MPEG 2 transport stream). Did you change the file extension to MPG for some reason?
    Does the same problem apply for all files you try, including non-recording/non-MPG files?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is 1920x1088 resolution causing error?
    In my opinion it's very unlikely.
    The bit-rate is quite high though - probably one of the highest I've seen.
    How big is the file?

Most MPG files play. ts files created before switch play.
    Right, okay. So most files do play. It's just some (5, 10, 20...???) that don't...?
    Do you notice any pattern in the files that don't play? (For example, similar recording date, or recorded from the same channel etc.)

Recording difficulties prior to switch may be related issue.
    Could be. Perhaps it would help if you could describe the difficulties briefly.

steven123

Portal Member
    January 1, 2014
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am having the same problem. I have discovered that it only fails on blu rays that were converted on handbrake or .m2ts files that are copied from a blu ray to the HDD. DVDs that were converted on handbrake work fine.

Live TV is no problem. But if a try one of the problem videos first TV will not play and I get the Unable to 'play: live7-0.ts' error. Restarting MP fixes this.

I have tried doing a repair install of the visual studio component with no luck.

I have found that if I deselect the 'Stop playback on removal of an audio renderer' in the config under general/startup resume settings the video will play but with no sound.

I have tried playing with LAV and MPAR, LAV and direct sound, Microsoft codecs and direct sound. All fail.

I have a suspicion that this all started after a windows 10 update.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @steven123
    Could you please use the provided Watchdog tool with option 1 ("report a bug to Team MediaPortal") to reproduce the problem and collect full log files.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

The log files you've provided do not include include sufficient information (eg. debug-level detail, your MediaPortal configuration, basic system information) to help you, whereas the Watchdog tool includes all that stuff automatically.

steven123

Portal Member
    January 1, 2014
    Home Country
    Logs attached
    Running it this way, moving pictures wouldn't work so I launched it through videos. Got sound but no image.

steven123

Portal Member
    January 1, 2014
    Home Country
    I've just been playing some more. When I try to play the video the first time it just plays the sound with no video and no error message. When I try it a second time it changes the refresh rate and then gives the codec error message. It has also produced an error log.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom