[Pending] Live commercial skip detection (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I thought that a the main problem of adding comskip to live tv was that comskip had problems with the live ts file. Has those problems been adressed or do I remember it wrong?
    I recall something similar, but if i'm correct it's only related to H264 recordings + ComSkip launch set to 'Recording Start' (which i assume is needed for this feature to work). But since we have a branch, the best way to figure this out would be to test it ;)

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I thought that a the main problem of adding comskip to live tv was that comskip had problems with the live ts file. Has those problems been adressed or do I remember it wrong?
    I recall something similar, but if i'm correct it's only related to H264 recordings + ComSkip launch set to 'Recording Start' (which i assume is needed for this feature to work). But since we have a branch, the best way to figure this out would be to test it ;)
    I don't have H.264 recordings so I can't confirm whether ComSkip has an issue with these or not.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do we know if comskip works fine in multiseat TV?

If so, does it still continue to work fine with this change?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Do we know if comskip works fine in multiseat TV?
    This i can confirm. Been using ComSkip for over a year on my multiseat setup, only H.264 (HD) recordings and ComSkip set to start when the recording is finished.

sccrgoalie1

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    3. Add in filewatcher to watch the commercial file and reload when there is a change. This allows for skipping while a file is currently being recorded. Say for example I start watching a show 15 minutes after the start, I now should get auto skipping throughout.

Hi,

Are you sure this aspect works? I have been testing, and for me, the .txt file for comskip gets created when comskip starts processing the file, but no data is placed in the file until comskip finishes.

So, for a recording that is currently running, it seems that no comskip chapters can be available until the whole file has been processed.

Can anyone confirm that this either works or does not work - specifically the part I am referring to?

Thanks,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom